Chapter 20

(Maria's Pic^)

Nico's POV: 

Now that our semester is over I check my class results, and I've passed with high marks! "Yes!" I yell out in relief waving my print out at Damir as I hop onto his lap and squish his cheeks before kissing him with a few fluttering kisses."I did it, as long as my grades are good I can keep powering through all my courses and be done in under a year" I squeal happily bouncing on his lap.

"Absolutely, so what do you want to do over the break before starting your new semester?"Damir asks running his fingers through my hair. "Mmm... well you're working and Anya is working, so maybe I can be of use and work as well" I say with a silly grin on my face

"No Nico I don't think that you should return to your Delivery job or at Maria's shop will do you much good especially for such a short time and we're much farther than you used to be at your apartment" he says looking concerned. "I meant... interning at Your company Damir." I grin, kissing the tip of his nose.

"Oh well that changes everything, actually that's a good idea. You work well with Anya, you already understand how I run things and your studies compliment the experience you'll get. Plus I get to see your beautiful face all day long. Absolutely, you can start Monday. I'll take you with me of course." I giggle and kiss him happily tucking my face into his neck. "Love you" I whisper cuddling up on my hunk of a man.

We spent the weekend shopping for work clothes, nothing too fancy just some slacks, work shoes, button ups for days when I'll be accompanying him to meetings and polo shirts for casual office wear. I sneak a few online orders to be delivered to our home later on today with express shipping as a surprise. I really hope he likes them since I aim to please.

"Why do you have a naughty smirk on your face?" He whispers right behind my ear sending a shiver down my spine. I quickly shove my phone in my pocket, "Just enjoying the thought of being by your side at home and at work." I say placing my hand on his firm chest. "That is a wonderful perk of being the Boss and your mate." He smiles flashing his pearly whites at me. With a quick peck we head out to the car for our dinner date.

Arriving at a beautiful little Russian restaurant, we're welcomed and quickly seated in a private area, the waiter takes our drink orders and hands us our menus. By the time our drinks are served we're ready to order starting with an assorted meat plate that makes my mouth water.

I chose the herring that was placed onto of some thinly sliced dark bread topped with thinly sliced pickled onions. Damir chose the lamb encased in a baked dough crust with fresh veggies on the side. Then I got greedy and requested a full tray of samples of everything they serve. Damir burst out roaring with laughter as I happily stuffed my face tasting everything from the smoked salmon to the steamed lamb dumplings, sipping on the last of my borscht I felt like I was about to burst, still I only shared bits and pieces with him not wanting to miss out on the good stuff.

My tummy was as full as it could go but I couldn't get the smile off my face. "Best food Ever!" I giggled, my eyes glazed over. We left a generous tip for the staff and I walked out with a promise to return sometime Very soon. Stepping out into the cool night air I'm struck with tiredness and as if sensing my lack of motivation to walk further Damir scoops me up into his arms carefully carrying me out to our car stationed across the street. Placing me into the car like a precious parcel he straps me in before heading to his side and heading home.