Chapter Sixteen: Brace

Three days later, Greytone was nervously sitting in Sci's lab in a hospital gown.

Surgery... He'd hoped after getting his Magic to mostly work again, the rest of the micro fractures would heal.

Nope..

He was not looking forward to this, but it had to be done.

He was highly over stressed, with The Eaters and the Candy situation.

Sighing, he stared at the glass in his hands, it contained some of his own paint.

Due to the limitations of certain supplies, Sci couldn't create anything that would keep him under long enough for the surgery. So for the last day and a half, he'd been relearning to summon this paint, which if he drunk, would actually keep him sedated for ten hours.

"I'll be back as soon as my shift is over Grey, I'd take it off but half the patrol is down with a flu." Chaos said, making a face.

"Stay safe." He said, she smiled and she kissed him gently.

"And you get better you big goof." Chaos said, and then, turning around, she left for work.

"The faster that you drink it, the faster that you'll wake up to her face loverboy." Sci teased, Grey gave him a look and he gulped the mixture down.

'It tastes like caramel.' He thought, laying down.

He slipped into darkness.

OoOoO

"You landed on my property." Fire said. "Pay up."

"Unrad..." Fresh muttered, passing the fake money over.

Fire grinned and rolled the dice... and swore.

"And that's my spot from the hotels." The child chirped, with their purple eye gleaming.

Sighing, Fire passed the monopoly money over, both Parasite and Admin were also out of the game.

"Don't you usually leave by now, because I know you can slip out easily, unlike anyone else?" Fire asked.

"Oh, I already left and came back, you guys suck at this game." The traveller smirked.

Fresh and Fire folded.

"You guys suck, at least fight to the end." The Traveller pouted.

OoOoO

Candy watched the town as it moved on with it's days, it's town folk was more like survivors than anything else.

He didn't quite know what to make of Ink now.

Or rather Greytone as he was known.

Yet Ink with a girlfriend, now that was epic and hilarious.

He was also pretty sure that before Ink's lovely lady the paint idiot had been a virgin.

And speak of the devil, and she arrived.

For he had spotted Chaos heading out for her Patrol on the edge of the caverns.

He was pretty sure she was the one that jumped Inky too.

Humming to himself, he decided to follow her to see what made her tick enough for a god to notice her.

OoOoO

Sci gave a sigh of relief as another fracture was healed, he was glad that this was going so easily.

'I almost didn't have enough supplies.' Sci thought, and with this surgery, he'd have to find some more of the supplies that he needed.

He was glad that Greytone remembered, and he could now access his paints... otherwise there would have been a lot more issues.

Looking at the clock, he saw it that it had been four hours since he had started.

"Still too many to go.' He thought with a sigh, at least Grey's magic would heal the surgeries afterwards, and his skull would be fine.

And with that in mind, he went back to work.

OoOoO

Chaos yawned as she began to walk back to the town properly, it had been a very quiet day today.

Which she appreciated, as she longed to go and make sure that Grey was okay.

And once he was all healed, she planned to finally have a nice repeat of their first time in their room.

"Wha..." She said in shock, as she found herself coming to a sudden stop. Giant clawed bone fingers were wrapped around her waist.

She never got a chance to scream, as the arm and hand connected to said fingers dragged her under.

"What in the ever loving stars!" Candy screamed, after all, what could one say to a giant arm and hand ripping out from the earth and dragging someone under.

OoOoO

Chaos moaned as she came around, everything hurt, and she could tell that her left arm was broken from the pool of her own narrow around it.

How long had it been since the hand had grabbed her?

She shivered as she realized that she was in the dark, and when she felt about a bit, she found out that she was in some sort of cage.

But no one would blame her when she screamed, as thousands of eyes started to glow in the dark.