Chapter Two: A day

"You should change your name to Greyscale," the innkeeper said.

Greytone gave a baleful glare to the innkeeper, ever since a dragonic monster Snow wondered briefly in Izara had been wanted him to change his name.

"No thanks, I just got use to this name," Greytone said dryly.

The chimera monster pouted, blue eyes giving him puppy dog looks which worked as she was wolf like.

"Just no, why are you and Snowy want to change my name anyway," he said looked bewildered.

"More artsy," she said.

"Right, I have my shift at the bar," Greytone sighed.

"No really, it just works better!" she called after him.

OoOoO

"Just on time," the monster that owned the bar said as he entered.

"Izara was trying help again," he said with a wry grin, the small monster that looked like a tiny hedgehog made of fire rolled her eyes.

"We got word of more traveller's coming this way, ones a blacksmith looking for a place so we'll probably be busy tonight," Fire said.

"I'll start the ovens," he said.

"I'll get the pastry's baking," Fire grinned. "Remember your not allowed to make soup!" she sang.

Greytone scowled, how was he suppose to know that him making soups was like inviting mutations from the wasters.

'Never again' he thought.

"You got that right," Fire said.

And he could live without the mind reading.

"Its called knowing the plot not reading your mind," Fire said.

He groaned and slipped into the back, ignoring the shadow hiding on the ceiling laughing.

"Let me read the plot," the being said.

"Shush... no spoiler Moon girl," Fire said, Lunar pouted.

OoOoO

Snowy.. er... Snow paused as she looked around the playroom.. er office which was empty.

Did everyone wonder off to Fire's new admin area to play still and Chaos new admin area.

"Star darn it Fire, let me play pokemon in peace.. wait..I'm the only one here," she said, and pulled out her switch.

OoOoO

"Can I have a beer," a small dark dragonic monster asked.

And was passed a bear, a teddy bear.

"Aw come on," Dark protested.

"Out, before you all destroy the story," Fire scowled "I also know your age kiddo."

Dark grumbled and vanished.

OoOoO

"So busy..." Greytone said as he rushed between tables.

It was an exhausting job when they got huge crowds like this, usually they just had locals.

But from the looks from the visiting monsters, the town was about to grow.

"Aw come on Fire, give me a spot," a female deer monster said hopefully.

"Too late, we already got a new blacksmith," The hedgehog monster cackle pointed.

"Aw come on," the deer monster sighed, spotting the humanoid person hiding by a window.

"Yup, T.. our blacksmith," Fire smirked.

"Do you ever have enough windows?" the deer asked, at that point Greytone wondered too far away to hear more of the strange conversation.

And the dragon in the corner pouting with a teddy bear.

OoOoO

Sci had been trapped in this hellhole since the incident.

Nothing he did managed to reach outside.

And he had no idea if anything could find this mashed up wasteland Au.

Did they think the new Destroyer had gotten them?

He just wanted to go home, sure he was no original.. but he wanted to go home.

He'd wondered into town with a large group, having been asked for help by some locals.

Apparently they'd found someone badly hurt about a year ago with amnesia, but were still worried due to constant migraines.

"Sleep tight, tomorrows your off day," a friendly female voice said, peering out of the Inn's window Sci could see that the bar had closed and the crew was leaving.

"Thanks Fire," a male voice said.

Sci froze.

That voice.

He slammed the window open to get a better look, and a slim short monster walked under a street light.

They wore different clothing, but he knew that face and voice.

"Ink," he said in shock, when he came out of it Ink had already vanished.