14

Her POV

"What do you want to ask about him?" Hoseok questioned.

"What does he do in the palace? I am not that stupid, and I figured that this is the palace, so you all should be very important people if you can just roam around and live here. Mostly you all work, so what is it that you do?"

Hoseok looks at me with astonishment, and looks at the others. Hoseok makes eye contact with Seokjin, and he just shrugs his shoulders.

"uhh so.." Hoseok looks back at me, and he looks very nervous, fidgeting with his fingers.

"-I think that our time is up for today. We'll have to come back to you with that answer, as it is a very long story and will take most of our time. So we can meet up another day to discuss that. We should probably get back to work now." Jimin said while standing up, the others following him.

"Yeah, sorry Kayla." Jungkook said in a tiny voice.

"Okay, then we can talk next time again. Thank you guys for helping me with all of this."

"No problem, Kay!" Hoseok cheered and hugged me. They all gave me a quick hug and left. I was alone in the library again.

Very suspicious, indeed.

His POV

"She's beginning to ask questions, and we don't know if we should answer them or not. It's probably time to tell her everything."

"Just hold on for a few days, Jin. I'll tell her after the ball. I don't want her to be worked up over all of this."

"Fine, but you better make it quick. Hoseok almost died trying not to tell her. Thankfully Jimin did some quick thinking in getting us out of that room before she asked more questions, which I know she has."

"Thanks. You know I'm just trying to protect her."

"You know that is not the reason you aren't telling her the truth, but I'm not going to ask more questions. She has to know everything. Soon."

"...I'll answer her questions if she asks."

"good. Now, I have to go help out a bit. You should think about the ball. It is in a few days."

"Hey, Jin? Thanks for helping me out."

"no problem. You need it"

Jin then left the room, and it was just me and Namjoon again. Before Jin barged into the room, me and Namjoon was discussing work related problems.

"On the subject of the ball.. it's in three days, and Kayla doesn't know anything. You should probably go ask her to go with you. She still has a choice if she wants to come or not."

"You're right. I should go ask her now." I then stood up and lead Namjoon out of the room. Namjoon walked away while I stood still next to the door. After a minute I was calm enough to go talk to her, and went looking for her.

Her POV

Later that night, me and Yoongi sat at the dining table, and ate some dinner. Yoongi said the others had some work to do so they ate earlier.

"So Yoongi, I have a question you." You state, and he tenses up, and slowly looks up to me.

"uh yeah? What's your question?"

"Vampires drink blood, right? So, can you just eat normal food as well?" He immediately relaxes.

"oh, yeah we can eat 'normal food' as you say it too. To explain it to you as good as I can...Humans drink water to stay alive and hydrated. They need it, and if they are thirsty, they will find water to drink. That is the same to vampires. Vampires drink blood, because blood has all the nutrients that vampires need, that a vampire body cannot produce. Also, there is water in blood. If vampires get thirsty, just like humans, they will try to stay hydrated. So, for vampires, we drink blood instead of water."

"That's very interesting actually..."

"You should know...Vampires are a dangerous species. Humans have cannibals, but it's not very common to hear about them. Vampire cannibals are very common. This is because vampires also have blood, and they will do anything to get some of it. I don't know if you know this, but every vampire has a soulmate, and there is a ritual that soulmates do to be a 'married couple' as you can say. Instead of having a big ceremony and a wedding that humans have, we have a ritual where the couple drink each other's blood, which will keep them connected for life, or until one of them dies."

"oh...."

It was silent for a while, but then Yoongi spoke up again.

"Hey, Kayla? I need to ask you something. You know I talked about the king and queen, and how I am working very close to them? Yeah, so the king asked me to go to this ball in his place so that the other pack won't get too suspicious about our queen, as she is still in training, and I was wondering if you want to come with me? We don't have to stay the whole time if you don't want to.."

"Sounds like fun! Yeah, I'll come with you....so it's like a date?" Yoongi's cheeks became red, and nodded his head.

"Okay cool!"