2

I woke up this morning with a huge headache, and immediately took some pills for it. After eating some cereal and doing my daily morning routine, I searched for some jobs on the internet, but no job struck my interest.

Sigh. Guess it's back to being jobless. Now I have to go into town to look for jobs.

I got my keys and locked the door behind me before jumping in the car, and headed straight to town.

~Unknowns pov

"Sir, the Blood Moon palace invited you to their annual ball in two months' time. Do you want to accept their invite?"

"What does that mean? Do they want something from us?"

"Sir, in my opinion, I think they want to find our weak spots."

"Why? They are always causing trouble..."

"Sir, if the Red Raven palace has a queen, then that will mean that you are responsible enough to rule this palace, and they won't try anything, if not, then they will surely try to take over this palace when we won't see it coming. They are our neighbouring palace, after all."

"Is it because Jin should have been king and not me? They already know the reason why Jin can't be crowned king. They should leave it be. We do not have a queen yet, so what must I do?"

"I do not know, sir."

I should seriously give more attention about this situation. I should find the next queen.

"Maybe I should stop searching for my soulmate, and just pick a wife already."

At least that sweet smell is gone so I can focus more clearly. The previous night I couldn't sleep at all, the smell was too strong. It's an addictive smell that I couldn't get enough of.

The whole day I was busy working. I'm trying to get all my work done in the palace so that I can make time to find the new queen. I hate this so much. Everyone has a right to choose the one they want to marry, soul-mate or not.

It's 7 o'clock now, and her smell is back again. Great, now I can't focus on my work again. I might just as well stop for today.

I switch my computer off, and walk out my study, looking for my cousins. I walk through the mansion, walking through passages until I find them in Jin's bedroom. They all turn around and stare at me for a few seconds, and then they all came crashing into me. Oh how I miss them sometimes.

"Yoongi! You're back! We missed you so much!" Jungkook, the youngest said. I smiled at him and messed his hair up.

"How is the work going?" Jin said. He is older than me, which means that he should've been crowned king, but there was an accident, and he couldn't become king, which meant that I am next in line for the crown because I am the second oldest of the seven royal blood relatives.

Jimin, Hoseok, Taehyung and Namjoon hugged me too. Me, Jin and Namjoon sat on the bed while Jimin and Taehyung sat on the two couches next to the bed, and Jungkook and Hoseok sat on the gaming chairs, competing against each other in a game I don't know anything about.

I told them about my decision to get a wife instead of waiting for my soulmate, because reality is, I don't even know if I will ever find her. This is the best feeling in the world for me. To have my cousins around and talk to them. It relaxes me.

But tonight I couldn't relax. That sweet smell is back. It feels like its calling me, singing a lullaby to me. The smell is so alluring...

"Yoongi..? Are you okay?" Taehyung asked me. He can always see through me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just that since yesterday morning, I could smell this sweet smell, almost like roses, and no one else can smell it. It's driving me insane. It's like the smell is calling me to follow it."

"Maybe you should follow it. See where it leads you." Jimin said with a smug on his face.

"I was thinking of going tonight. It's very strange, because it leads to this girl that is living in that old house a couple miles from the palace."

"A girl? Hey, maybe it's your brain telling you that you need blood." Jungkook said, still looking at the big gaming screen.

"Yeah, maybe. Last time I drank blood was two weeks ago."

"Yoongi. You should have blood once every week. You can't skip. You should be healthy." Jin scolded.

"I know, I was just too busy with the palace. I'll drink some blood tonight."

"Good."

There was a moment of silence when Jin spoke up,

"About the whole wife thing...I don't think you should stop searching for your soulmate. Maybe she is closer than you think."

"okay, thanks Jin."

Tonight is the night I hunt, and she will be my next victim.

~Her pov

No job. Great.

I need a walk to clear my head.

I quickly stood up from the couch, grabbed my walking shoes, and closed the door after me, walking the same path as yesterday.

I looked around me, noticing new things that I didn't see last time.

Next thing I knew, it was dark out. I didn't mind though. I walked some more, until I heard some leaves rustling. That didn't sound like it was the wind that blew it.

I stopped in my tracks, looking around me. Searching for the sound again. All I could hear was the wind lightly blowing, giving me chills. I heard a cricket far in the distance. Suddenly I heard something move behind me. My heart started beating quicker. I turned in circles, trying to find the source of movement, but nothing was there.

Then I felt a cold breath next to my neck, and quickly turned around, but still there is nothing. What is going on?

I didn't know that my heartbeat could be any quicker, but it was. Then I felt it again. The breath, but this time, I felt something right behind me. I felt the blood draining from my body. I was trembling, but didn't do anything. Just stood there. I couldn't move because I was too afraid of doing so. The person behind me put their hands on my hips, and then I felt something penetrate my skin on my neck. I felt the warmth leaving my body, and got very dizzy. My knees buckled under me, making me fall, but the hands holding my hips held me up.

I felt the pressure on my neck being relieved, and the person just stood behind me, still holding me up, doing nothing.

"...are you..my..."

I then felt him smelling me. What the hell is going on, I can't even see who this person is that is smelling me! Who does that!

I then felt drowsy and heavy, and closed my eyes. Tired. Sleep.

But before I went into a deep sleep, I heard the person whispering something to himself that made me very confused. After he said this word, everything was going dark, and I just let him carry me.

"....soulmate?"