3

His pov

"...soulmate?"

My lips quivered. Realization hit me like a truck in my face. How did I not think of this before? Did I just drink the blood of my soulmate?

I took her in my arms and ran to the palace. Why does it always feel like I run slower when something bad happens?

In a matter of minutes, I was in Jin's room trying to control my breathing. It was late at night, so everyone was in their own rooms. When Jin heard the door open, he was awake.

It was weird that Yoongi came into his room in the middle of the night, so he knew something bad happened.

"What happened?" Jin asked. I couldn't speak, only looked at Jin with pleading eyes and tears forming, ready to fall. That was when Jin finally looked down to Yoongi's arms, and immediately jumped out of his bed. Jin instructed me to follow him and stay calm. I followed him, and we were in the infirmary. I knew that Jin would understand what is happening. I also feel that he knows better what to do in this situation, that is why I also trust him. When we were in the infirmary, I laid her on a bed, and Jin talked to the nurse.

I couldn't hold it in anymore, and I started to cry. I cried until someone came to get her to do some tests on her. I cried even more when I wasn't next to her anymore. Jin was next to me throughout the whole night. I didn't sleep. I couldn't.

***

When dawn broke, the nurses came back with an unconscious girl, who is supposed to be my soulmate. "We ran some tests on her, and she will be fine. The amount of blood she lost is a lot, but give her a few days to recover, and she will wake up."

All the weight is lifted from my shoulders when they told me the news, but I still felt regret of what I did to her. I wanted to stay with her, but Jin told me that she will be safe in the infirmary, and that I have to go do my duties. I did as he said, and went to my office.

I couldn't think straight, the only thing in my mind is that girl. Next thing I know, Hoseok knocked on my door asking me for entrance. He told me that it's time to eat lunch, so I went out of the office to get some food. After I ate, I went to the infirmary to see how the girl is doing. I asked Jin to come with me so that I don't have to talk to anyone. When I went into the room, I found a man leaning over the girl. Before I knew what I was doing, I dragged the guy away from her, and punched him in the face. "What the hell do you think you are doing?!" I screamed. The guy didn't look me in the eye, and I punched him again and again. Jin dragged me away from the guy, holding my hands behind me so I wouldn't move. "LET ME GO!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"I-I'm sorry my king, I smelt her blood and couldn't control myself. I didn't touch her, I swear." He lay on the ground, bloodied, and didn't dare to look up.

Jin was still holding my arms behind my back, and I still fought him, but deep inside, I am grateful he held me back. I would've killed him right there.

"That girl is your future queen. Never touch her again! DO YOU HEAR ME!"

"Yes my king." He said in a small voice. Jin asked a nurse to look at the mans' bruises and cuts in another room, and they took him out. When he was out, Jin locked the door, and it was just me, him and the girl.

"That guy didn't know anything. He works in this palace. He shouldn't have done what he did, but he didn't know that she is his future queen. He cannot go to trial for attempted murdering the queen. Remember that."

"I know.." I said while looking at the girl.

"When are you going to tell the other cousins of her?"

"I should probably tell them soon. I haven't thought about that yet, I just want her to be safe at the moment. Which is why I have decided to keep her inside my room until she wakes up. I am going to take a break off of duties for a while to look after her. I don't want anyone else to see her."

Jin then unlocked the door and told the nurse about the girl moving to my room. We carefully moved her to my room. I didn't want anyone touching her, so I carried her while the nurse and Jin took all the other stuff she needed. I gently put her on my bed, and stayed with her through the whole day.

Jin pov

A couple of days had past, and Yoongi still hasn't left his room. The younger ones already began to ask questions as to why Yoongi is always in his room, and that he has never isolated himself in his bedroom, saying they smell human blood near yoongis room, but I didn't tell them anything as it is not my place to tell, but yoongis.

I would regularly go in the room to see if yoongi is still okay, and to bring him food, but I try to be quick, because the smell of her blood is too strong, and I don't want the others to begin searching for the smell.

Hopefully she will wake up soon. We need Yoongi back to being the king again, and not be this weak.