Back to the fairy tale

You'd think that since they were close to Argus, it was easier to head there. Unfortunately, It wasn't. Bandits, assassins, and the Grimm trailed the girls as they made their way to the walls of the city and they had to fight their way there.

Yang could have carried all of them to the city wall but there were too many humans. Blake and Ruby could have done something to hide their emotions to avoid the Grimm but they weren't exactly fully fed. Weiss did her best fighting the bandits after her but she can't use her magic where humans could see it so she had to make do with her glyphs and summons.

They made it to Argus by sundown. All four of them were tired and in need of freshening up. Weiss could use better clothes because she only had a simple halter white dress that looks like Yang's formal wear. Weiss still donned the lace cover she had for her eyes and left her hair to flow free. Ruby almost lost sight of Weiss in the forest because she blended well in the snow. Almost. Blake was putting it lightly when she said 'clothes' the night before but Weiss couldn't complain. Besides, she still has a cape and her knee-high boots to keep her warm.

"I am shopping for coats when I find a shop in Argus." She complained upon entering the city walls. All three of them agreed.  

They were finally in Argus which meant shelter and warmth. No more Grimm and bandits. If they were smart, they wouldn't try to target anyone in Argus. After all, Atlas has a large base here. Weiss was uncomfortable with how close they were to home. A little boat or ship ride meant Mantle and Atlas.

Ruby received a call once they were inside the walls. Qrow was ringing them up so she had to answer.

"Qrow?" Ruby turned to the three with eyebrows raised.

"Hey, kid. I see you're in Argus. Took you long enough. Where are you?" He asked. Ruby looked around. Were they tracked because of their scrolls? Sure, that doesn't sound unusual but why does it sound like Qrow was waiting for them?

"Uh...Yeah! Why?" She asked her uncle. Ruby led her team to ride a streetcar to the main streets of the city. The three followed their leader, puzzled that their uncle was looking for them.

"I was waiting for you. I told your dad I'd keep an eye on you. I see you found her." Qrow revealed. Ruby figured that he was watching them at the moment. That was a little unsettling. Where was his help when they were searching for Weiss across Anima? What a jerk.

Ruby groaned. Qrow was in the city which means he's probably going to bring them back home. Why'd he even follow them? "You sure helped." The little Rose rolled her eyes.

"Heh. Staying away was help, kid. Get off the next station. I'll be waiting for you. I figured you need a place to crash. I know a place." Qrow eventually revealed. No straight answers but he offered help so why not?

"Of course you do." Yang scoffed. "Hey, Qrow."

"Hey, firecracker!" Qrow ended the call which left the siblings doing the math in their heads.

If Qrow was keeping an eye on them, that means he would know how much trouble they've gotten into just before they entered the city. So much for being a real and proper guardian. He didn't even help.

Weiss held on to Ruby's hand in the cart as she looked around. "Let me guess, he was just following us? No help?"

"It's fine. He must have his ...reasons." Ruby leaned her head on her lover's shoulders, keeping her eyes wandering and looking around the city.

It was a huge place. One of the largest cities away from the kingdoms. With Atlas and Mantle's help, they managed so far. It was a safe place to be in. Unless you come close to those Atlas specialists, that might be a different discussion.