Stirring Faults

Eventually, day turned to eve as the sun has set on the shores of Vale. Many went to head out for dinner to enjoy more of the festivities but Ruby and Weiss decided to head home. 

Hand in hand, they rode the car back to the Schnee mansion, Weiss eventually falling asleep on Ruby's shoulders but not too long later, they have arrived in front of the door. 

It was a shame that Ruby had to wake up the sleeping beauty next to her. Weiss must be exhausted from all the fights and walking and running around. 

"Weiss, we're home." Ruby whispered into her ears which easily stirred up the sleeping heiress. Quickly she got off Ruby's shoulder, all flustered as she tried to fix herself up. 

"I'm sorry for falling asleep on you. I-I wasn't really planning to--" Ruby placed a hand on top of Weiss' head with an amused smile.

"It's alright, Weiss~ It's not much of a big deal. Come on, time for you to head to bed....or take a bath." Ruby suggested making Weiss pout producing a laughter out of the cookie lover's lips. 

"Excuse me!" Weiss kept her pout and headed out of the car, taking her belongings and stomping up on to her bedroom. Ruby followed behind her, chuckling at Weiss' flustered face but had the heiress slam her door on her face. "Go to your room! You take a bath on your own!"

"Oh? Are you hinting you want to take a bath with me?" Ruby asked to tease the heiress on the other side of the door. 

"Wha--Zip it!" Weiss neither agreed or denied Ruby's assumptions and marched in to her bathroom, fuming.

Ruby chuckled and freshened up as well, changing to more comfortable clothes to lounge in around the house. A simple pastel pink turtleneck dress and a pair of slip-ons seemed perfect for the night. 

After a while, Ruby heard her sister's bike arrive out front. the maids opened the door for her of course and together with Yang, Blake's with her.

"Hey! I was hoping to see you--" Yang breathed a heavy sigh and looked back at Blake who seem to be itching to say something.  "What happened with your trip in town?"

Yang and Blake let themselves in and had the maids close the door. Ruby led them to the parlor and started the fire, requesting for tea and snacks from the maids and closed the parlor door. 

"Ruby, we found something out. Remember Emerald and Mercury? Those two cheats in the competition? they work for a syndicate here in Vale." Yang sat down on the couch with a heavy sigh. 

Blake sat next to Yang, her brows furrowed. "They have Adam with them." Her voice sounded quite odd for Ruby then realized she had fear in it. She held herself together, looking nervous next to the blonde. Yang noticed this as well and started petting Blake's head to help.

"Adam? The mad man that hurt you? What is he doing here? Why didn't you let me kill him the last time, Blake?" Ruby asked, her voice stern. "Let a mouse live and it'll cause a plague."

"But if you did, you'd be trapped and imprisoned somewhere worse, am I right? If someone found out who killed him that is."  Weiss joined them and took one of the chairs, sitting and looking at the brunette. "Ruby, be careful since Ozpin have his eyes on you."

"She's right. But what's more alarming is that together with Adam...He's grouped up with a woman named Cinder." Yang added, pouring tea for the group. 

Ruby looked at Yang, quite alarmed to hear that certain name. A million thoughts came racing in her head. "Cinder...you say?" She asked, frowning.

"Cinder Fall. I watched the fight with her in it during the festival. Her ways are crude but she's no doubt strong." Weiss noted. "Is there something else more concerning about her?"