Unprecedented meeting

The death of Weiss Schnee was soon broadcasted to the world by none other than her father. It was one of the rare times when her father and mother were on the same screen. Not many mourned for her but those who did know her mourned and sent prayers for her. 

But life went on. Soon, her passing was just a bitter memory to the world. Everything had to continue without her. 

As soon as Beacon came back, Ozpin urged Ruby, Yang, and Blake to go back to the school to finish their training. They knew they had to keep going for their friend's sake so they did. All of them finished the school year and their missions. The second semester was a breeze but it wasn't the same.

Ruby stayed with her sister and Blake in the dorms. She didn't like the silence of the dorms at night nor her days hunting. She missed Weiss more than she could admit. Every training wasn't the same, times together with her friends was just a decent distraction. An ache and longing for her lover kept her mind occupied most of the time but she did her best and studied well, adapting to modern times and learning more. 

Nothing could have prepared her for that kind of pain. Even if she knew where Weiss was, which she didn't, she can't send her a message or a letter. She'll be constantly moving. She's smart like that. 

Yang did her best to cheer her sister and be there for her. It was never a dull moment with the blonde. Her energy was warm and comforting to everyone around her. Still, she missed Weiss. They may not be close but she found herself looking for the girl's sassy remarks and sarcastic phrases. All she could do for now is trust the girl was alright, wherever she was.

Blake was more active than anyone expected. She did her best to keep track of Weiss. She'd tell her team what she can get but soon, the distance proved too much and lost track of Weiss. It was devastating to but she hoped that the Ice Queen can handle things for herself. 

Ozpin did his best to offer help to the girls. It was very kind of him but all three of them just pressed on and worked through the year. Aside from being headmaster, he made sure that a tragedy like this will not happen again. 

It was the middle of Fall when they all returned to Patch. The School year at Beacon was over. Ozpin wasn't expecting them to return to school after that. All of them were licensed huntresses for years. The only reason they came back to Beacon was to keep the illusion that they were just kids. Ruby just stayed because of Weiss. 

Qrow and Tai weren't home when they came back so they cleaned up the home a bit and made themselves cozy. The year was over. 

"So, what now?" Blake asked them as she held a cup of tea in her hand, sitting by the fireplace in the living room. Yang took a sip of her coffee, her eyes turning to glance at her older sister. 

Ruby took a deep breath and stretched on the couch. "Well, we promised her, didn't we?" She sat down and crossed her legs, raising her mug of coffee. "Let's go find our Ice Queen."

==========

During her first months of waiting, Weiss struggled. Hard. 

To be tossed in the wilderness alone with no team and only herself, she had to stay alert every time. She had walked thousands of miles on foot, snuck in airships, did her best to survive. Everything was new to her and she had to learn new skills fast. 

Her situations pushed her to be resourceful and creative. She kept her water available by creating ice and melting it in a fire, she foraged for food on days she can't seem to find a town, she helped villages from Grimm invasions and was offered money and shelter for days before she moved on. Weiss lived a life of what real hunters and huntresses would have.