You are the reason

The festival was easily recognized to be at full swing when the main event arrived. The tournaments.

Of course, Ruby and the whole team were up for it and were more than glad to participate in them. Match after match, they succeeded and didn't have to resort to magic. Weiss managed well on the arena with ice and hot geysers, Yang held her ground on  the match point round which she won easily thanks to Ruby's protective charms. Someone tried to sabotage the round by cheating with illusion but that was thwarted easily and her opponent got disqualified for it. 

After the tournaments, they placed first and another team from Beacon second. It was fun and everything but through the break between their matches on the three days that the matches were held, Ruby had been trying to attempt to do something with Weiss but they couldn't find time to be alone and Weiss was oblivious of her advances. She does recognize Ruby as someone close to her. Very close. But everything had been so busy with school, the tournaments and the planning the with ball after the matches for the closing of the festival. 

Yang wasn't blind with what her sister was trying to do. She saw how Ruby looked at Weiss at their free times and their fleeting sweet moments like their hands holding at the shadow of the arena before and after every fight, their gazes of glee when they make things work in a fight, their hushed talked at breaks with their team, making Weiss laugh from the joke they only knew. 

She noticed them all and it was beautiful. 

Yet Ruby seem to want to make something else happen. Something more happen between them. 

The afternoon after the tournaments, Ruby headed to their dormitory to rest, lugging crescent Rose behind her and laid down on her temporary bed in her sister's dorm. She mulled over her soft sheets and the sun of the afternoon hitting her face. So warm.

"You know, you should go with Weiss to the dance after the festival." Yang suggested, making her way to the bed adjacent to where Ruby laid and looked at her sulking older sister. "You like her! You should go together!"

"Yang, we are together but...I can't remember the last time I had a decent relationship." She replied with a worried frown. "It makes me worry that having to deal with me and her own personal issues at once will be too much for her." 

The blonde sighed and slumped. "She manages just fine! Sis, she's not a child. Weiss is pretty strong so I suggest, stop worrying and take her to the dance."

"What for? She prefers to stay home anyway. Well I do with her." Ruby replied, closing her eyes, her head laid on the soft pillow.

Yang threw Ruby a pillow to prevent her from lulling herself to sleep. "Asshat! You won't know what it'll do when you actually bring her to the damn dance. Maybe you two would help each other. Get comfortable! Heck, know each other without the magic!" She shouted to at least make her sister see reason.

Ruby grumbled and threw Yang the pillow back to her face. "You're one to talk! How are you and Blake?!" She asked and sat up, pouting at her younger sister. "Should't I be the one who's giving you these advices?"

Yang laughed. "Hey! You don't have any good record on your romantic endeavors. Most of them run when they discover you can kill them with a snap of a finger." 

Ruby frowned. "Mean of you to assume I even had any experience on romance."

Pause. And laughter echoed through the room and out. Weiss smiled as she stood out the hall, listening to their conversation. 

"Can I also add that Weiss can actually put you in line. Dad has trouble doing that to one of us, much less both. I heard from Ozpin that she demanded manners in front of him when you went to enroll." Yang mentioned wit a huge dorky grin. "I'm impressed."