Full circle: Part 1

In the deepest parts of Beacon's vaults, the clash of metal on glass, fire, and brutal winds could be heard. Despite the darkness, amber light and green glow filled the place as Ozpin and Cinder exchanged blows with one another. 

Ozpin was defensive, paring Cinder's attacks. The woman's abilities pushed him to a corner. Her will to dominate him with a maiden's magic against his semblance was proving to be a losing battle. 

None of them had to exchange words. Ozpin didn't need to know why Cinder came to Beacon. Cinder didn't need to know how Ozpin arrived at the school in time. 

Ruby and Weiss dropped inside the vault, witnessing the fight that was quickly going south. The vampire watched Cinder's move. It was frightening to see a maiden's power up close. It was as if a goddess descended with murderous intent just to steal something. 

Weiss held on to Ruby's hand upon seeing just how strong Cinder was. Was this the person who killed Summer Rose? 

"Even before she got this power Cinder has always been strong." Ruby mentioned, her voice soft and low. 

Weiss felt an ebb in her chest. She carefully watched Cinder but she turned her gaze to Ozpin. She can see how easily he can fight back, his staff against swords of glass and flames of his opponent. Weiss knew that Ozpin can fight. He wasn't headmaster for nothing but she saw a quick flicker. For a split second, it showed. Ozpin's aura was getting depleted.

Ruby held on to Weiss' hand that was starting to turn cold, freezing even. The brunette turned to her lover with worry only to find the girl in distress, brows crunched up, eyes glowing with more intensity than before, and stancing as if she is ready to jump in the fight.

"Weiss, it's a maiden's power. You can't possibly--" Ruby pulled her arm, squeezing her hand.

Weiss turned to her, the alarm she felt showing through her eyes. "Ozpin will lose if we do nothing." The heiress took a deep breath and let go of Ruby's hand.

Ruby grabbed her shoulder before she can leap into the fight. Even with her magic, she wasn't sure if she can heal Weiss if something goes wrong. With blind faith, hope, and fear, Ruby pulled her lover in a quick hug before letting her go.

Weiss hugged her back but quickly left to block Cinder's next attack towards Ozpin with a force field she didn't know she could make with her own hands.

"Professor, move!" She ordered, turning at him with ferocity in her eyes.

Ozpin took a breath, his aura flickering and finally running out. "Miss Schnee! You can't match her power! Let me fight her!"

Weiss didn't want to argue when Cinder was about to rush closer with her swords as she floated in mid-air. Instead, she grabbed the man and tossed him to the side where Ruby caught him.

"Professor, your aura's finished." Ruby told him as she took her stance and shot at Cinder with dust bullets to disperse her concentration. The brunette quickly ran closer to provide support for Weiss.

Ozpin knew they were right. If he took on Cinder any longer he'll have to...

Long story short, he's grateful the girls took over.

Weiss didn't fight like Ozpin. Instead of just defending herself, she was just as aggressive. When Cinder siphoned energy to hit her that could possibly kill her, Weiss easily created just as much and more magic to give back.

Ruby circled behind Cinder quickly and hit her with a flurry of heavy bullets, getting off the ground and slicing through her protective bubble to land hits after hits on her.