School in session

The weekend was a beautiful breeze in summer for Ruby. She spent a lot of time with her family, catching up with their lives more than hers. She and Yang went out at the surrounding forests, taking long walks as they exchanged stories, gathered herbs, and watched nature for a while before heading back home for games and the homemade food that their uncle and dad would prepare.

But two days were not enough to catch up with family. although, it was enough to remind Ruby that her family was there to stay. Yang assured her that Tai and Qrow would be fine. They were both going to Beacon. They have each other.

Ruby went home very late that Sunday evening, walking in the quiet city under the starry night sky. It was an early morning of Monday to be exact, that's why no one was out. A few trickles of people are walking or driving home but other than them, the city was tranquil.

She arrived at the mansion and snuck in silently, careful not to trigger any alarms as she headed in. Inside, it was dead silent. No soul could be seen wandering the cold halls that made the vampire shiver.

Ruby heard a groan from somewhere in the mansion. Perhaps at the upper floors but it sounded faint. Quickly, she headed upstairs as she followed a faint trail of Weiss' scent of snow and firewood.

She nervously paused in front of the doors before heading inside the room and looking around. Far past a line of shelves, a faint light was could be seen, books and scrolls sprawled open nearby it.

Ruby approached the light and wasn't surprised to see Weiss Schnee slumped over a table under piles of parchment scrolls and records, sleeping soundly.

In a few hours, dawn would be up and the day would start but Weiss was here, staying up reading olden things. Too early for studying, isn't it?

Ruby peered close on to the open papers. She read lines of the Schnee family history, the old kings and queens that had the very first lineage of snow-white hair, letters from them, and other things written by Weiss on other papers.

Powers? Ice? Old blood? Nothing made sense to Ruby except for one word. Magic.

Would Weiss have like that? Ruby broke a cold sweat from the thought.

The odd encounter of them both can be blamed on fate as she knew a story told to her long time ago about the Schnees and how Vampires should avoid them at all.

Ruby didn't believe that. Weiss is innocent and no story of the past can make her think otherwise that she was at fault of anything.

She didn't mean to pry at the old records. They were just open for reading. Ruby stopped before she could see more than she needed to. The vampire did need to wake Weiss for her to move to bed or she could bring her to bed to make her sleep. So she did. Gently and carefully, Ruby carried Weiss up in her arms then proceeded to her bedroom quietly as not to alarm the sleeping princess.

Ruby laid the heiress down on her bed gently, covering her body with her thick comforter and watched her settle into sleep properly. Not long after, she left the girl alone and went to her room.

When Weiss took her in, she was given the room across Weiss' for them to access each other easily in case something happens. Ruby often stayed in the parlor, snacked in the kitchen, or watched Weiss sleep but there were nights that she stayed in her own room, laying and resting in a bed like a normal person.

Ruby couldn't sleep. Her silver eyes looked up at the ceiling lights and the unlit chandelier that hung up high in her room. She's staying in a Schnee mansion with the heiress of the company. How can she possibly tell Weiss that vampires and the Schnees have never been good together?