You're hard to find

When you're brave enough to blackmail one of the strongest huntresses in the world with their location, you're crazy. 

Weiss used this advantage to her convenience. Raven was kind enough to offer her a seat inside her tent the first few minutes she entered the camp. Weiss wasn't expecting this kindness to be long-lasting but she took what she could get. The woman handed her tea and sat with her even, simply enjoying their drink. 

A girl who was a little older than Weiss with short hair and fierce eyes entered the tent with snacks. Weiss watched the girl give her a nasty look but she can't figure out why. Probably because they weren't used to being blackmailed around here. She quickly left after, giving them privacy.

"So? How'd you lose your eyes?" Raven asked her under the pretense that she covered her eyes due to being blinded. The white-haired huntress could roll with that. Perhaps Raven heard of her travels from all across Sanus and Anima. 

"Lost it to a Giant Nevermore." Weiss answered. She took a sip from her cup before looking up at Raven. "Why and how did you know I was alive?" She inquired. 

Raven finished her tea before she answered the girl. "How can I not? After your death, a new huntress made a name for herself across continents in months. Not to mention, Qrow passed by a few weeks after you 'died'. He said we might encounter a new player in the game. I assumed it was another maiden but it turns out, it was you." 

Weiss smiled at the thought of Qrow looking out for her even if they barely knew each other. Perhaps it was her sister's influence or Ruby's? She didn't know. 

"Besides, someone as powerful as you? You're bound to be hunted down." Raven told her as she reached out for a cookie. For a moment, Weiss saw tenderness and sadness as she looked at the baked good. Raven turned to look at her, specifically at her cape. She decided not to pry but took note of it. "All over Anima, some are starting to look for the Snow Angel that helped throughout Sanus." 

Weiss was silent as she reached out for a chocolate chip cookie on the plate. Raven ate with her guest, waiting for the girl to say anything. 

"Let me guess, a few came your way looking for me?" The girl asked, taking her cup once more. Raven stopped her hand and poured more tea in her cup. 

"Yes. It was a tempting offer but if anyone heard you were alive or similar to the 'late' Weiss Schnee, Yang and Ruby would have found me sooner." Raven sounded disheartened about the thought of it. Somehow, Weiss guessed it was something about Summer and abandoning her child. 

"If my guess is right, they would have started their search the moment the school year ended at Beacon. Give it a week before they could find me." She guessed, drinking her tea again. 

Raven knew that bringing the white-haired brat was trouble but she would have caused it faster if she didn't take her in. 

"Let me stay here for a day or two and I'll be on my way then." Weiss requested, putting her cup down. "Then you can move again." 

"And risk my whole tribe being found because of--"Raven was furious that Weiss had such audacity to threaten her but Weiss was smarter. She held an offline scroll in her hand. 

"I don't like using anything that will track me but I will if you don't even consider it. Just one night." Weiss was fast and even if Raven was faster, one move and the girl can activate it.

Of course, it was all a huge bluff. Weiss left everything back at Patch, including her scroll. This one was stolen from a fallen hunter she met on the way. She took it just in case she needed desperate help but so far, she didn't have any reason to use it.