Chapter 28

Jungkook

"Mother please, I told you, we will discuss this soon. I don't want to speak in front of Seojoon. Why can't you understand and respect that?"

"Jungkook, I know you think you know what you're doing, but is this really healthy for Seojoon? You can't just thrust a stranger upon him and expect him to accept him as his father!"

"You don't know anything. I am taking Seokjin and Seojoon out for a short while and when we return, we will meet you and father in the drawing room for a private meeting. I can see that you will not rest on this matter."

I watched as my mother remained tight lipped. I stalked out of her study, where she had summoned me a few moments ago. Seokjin was waiting in the hall, along with our son. I had planned a short sojourn through the city just to break the ice between them for a while.

"Come Jinnie, Joonie, let's go."

I watched as my son, very naturally took Jin's hand into his own and walked to the car. The smile on Jin's face was too precious.

We drove down to the marina, the sounds of laughter echoing in the car as Jin sang along to the songs on the radio and Seojoon laughed at his imitation of his favourite k-pop idols.

Jin's voice was beautiful and melodic. He smiled at me happily as we exited the car and walked around the marina. Seojoon skipped ahead of us and Jin smiled at his cuteness.

After an hour, we sat and watched the boats go by, snacking on french fries. Seojoon looked from me to Jin and I knew a question was forming in his mind. He crinkled his eyes just like Jin when he was confused about something.

"Abeo, is Mr Kim going to be staying with us for a while?"

"Well actually, I wanted to speak to you about something before I answer that question. Is that alright with you son?"

"Yes Abeoji, please continue."

I was aware of Jin's stare on us. Seojoon was a very proper child in many respects.

"Do you remember Abeoji speaking to you about someone called 'appa'?"

"Yes Abeo. Appa is the one who is Seojoon's real father. Papa was not Joonie's real dad. But Appa had to go away so papa took care of Seojoon until he went up to the heavens."

"That's right my little tiger. And appa was very sad that he had to leave you because he loved you so much. What would you say if appa had to come back?"

Seokjin watched with bated breath as Seojoon thought on his father's words.

"I would be very happy Abeo. Seojoon really wished he knew who his appa was," he said sadly.

I let out a heavy breath I had been holding. Seojoon came over to me and  held onto my hand. I squeezed it warmly.

"Joonie, Mr Kim is your real appa," I said gravely, making sure not to lose eye contact with him so he would know I was serious. 

My son looked from me to Seokjin, his little eyes weighing the truth behind my words. I watched as a small tear escaped my Jinnie's eyes. Seojoon leaned over and wiped the errant drop slowly from his cheek.

"Don't cry appa, Joonie's heart will pain if his appa has to cry."

I smiled sadly as Seokjin let out the damn of his tears and enveloped our son in his arms. Seojoon held onto him tightly and small tears escaped his eyes too.

"A-appa.....Joonie has an appa. Joonie loves you appa."

Jinnie cried more and I wiped away my own tears, watching as they had their moment.

"A-appa loves you Joonie baby. Appa has missed our poppet so much."

Seokjin wiped our son's tears away and kissed his face furiously.

"Appa is never leaving Seojoonie ever again," Seokjin cried. He hugged our son tightly.

They sat that way for a little while, holding onto each other. Seojoon traced his little finger along Jin's jaw line and smiled happily.

"Appa is very handsome." He simply stated. I nodded my head in agreement.

"That is why Seojoon is very handsome too," I said, squishing his little cheeks. He smiled cutely and cuddled into Jin's lap.

"Appa has a little surprise for you my  angel," Seokjin said tentatively, smoothing his hands through Seojoon's silky hair.

"Joonie loves surprises appa," he laughed. He clapped his little hands happily.

"Maybe Abeoji should tell you," Seokjin said, winking shyly at me.

I sighed dramatically as Seojoon sat up straighter in Jinnie's lap. "Appa is very naughty Joonie. He decided to give you and I a little surprise gift. Seojoonie is going to be a big brother very soon."

"Yippee!!! Joonie is going to have a baby?" He clapped his hands happily and kissed Jinnie on his cheek. "Thank you appa. Joonie will be a very good big brother, I promise."

Seokjin hugged him tightly as I smiled widely and enveloped the both of them in a big bear hug. We laughed happily as Jinnie squealed that I was crushing them. My little family was finally complete. And it was all thanks to my Jiminie.

As I hugged my son and my Jinnie, my eyes travelled towards the skies, watching as the clouds parted, giving way to rays of sunshine that filtered through, causing the ripples in the water to dance and glitter. I said a silent prayer for my Jiminie, who I knew was watching us and smiling happily that we were all reunited. I missed him terribly. He really was the sunshine in my life. I turned and looked at my Jin, smiling so happily and kissing our son playfully. I laughed happily and winked up at the heavens, "Thank you Park. I will always love you...."

.....................

************************************

Some fluff, laced with some nostalgic tears. I miss my Jiminie more 😢😢😢😢

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙