Chapter 2 (M)

Mature content ahead
🔞
Yeah, you guys know

"Did I just hear you tell Lisa that she should seat Jin in your office?" Namjoon looked at Jungkook in shock.

"You heard right," Jungkook replied, scoffing slightly.

"I can't believe it. You finally found him after all these years," Hoseok stated.

"Well, actually, it wasn't exactly like that. It was Seojoonie that found him." And Jungkook proceeded to relay the whole fantastic story to his two oldest friends as they were driven back to the office.

Meanwhile, Seokjin and Taehyung were in Jungkook's office waiting for him to arrive for their proposed meeting. Jin walked to the high ceilinged window and gazed out at the high-rise office buildings and apartments in the bustling city of Toronto.

He turned and his gaze fell on a picture frame. His heart tugged in his chest as he looked on the features of his Minie hyung in the picture. He was cradling Seojoon in his arms. He traced the lines on their faces, almost on the verge of tears when his boss, Taehyung ended his call and looked at him curiously.

"Jin, may I ask you something?" He began, and Seokjin nodded slowly, placing the frame back on the table, "I've been noticing something about you for these past two days. And I know you said you don't want to talk about why you broke down crying in the car, but I'm concerned about you. You know you mean more to me than a simple employee Jin."

Seokjin looked up at that. Taehyung had asked him out several times and even alluded to wanting to be his boyfriend, but everytime, Seokjin had held himself back. It wasn't that Taehyung was a bad person, on the contrary, he was a really good guy. He was polite and didn't force Seokjin into anything that he didn't want to do. In truth, Taehyung was a perfect gentleman. Then, what kept holding Seokjin back from accepting the man's honest proposal? It was Seokjin himself.

Seokjin was about to answer his boss when Jeon Jungkook entered the office, along with Hoseok and Namjoon in tow. Hoseok limped towards Seokjin, holding onto his walking stick but he caught himself just in time of giving Jin a hug. He simply shook his hand while Namjoon nodded imperceptibly in his direction. Seokjin was grateful that they did not acknowledge him in the presence of his employer.

Jungkook spoke to Taehyung, completely ignoring Seokjin and the meeting got underway. Seokjin played his part well, mostly nodding at the appropriate places and giving his boss his undivided attention.

"I do need another two more plots preferably one in Singapore and another in Seoul. I'm proud to announce that Seokjin here will soon be completing his Culinary Arts degree and he will be taking over the running of either of these restaurants. I've left the choice up to him." Taehyung smiled warmly at Seokjin and a faint blush appeared on his cheeks and his ears turned red.

Namjoon cleared his throat when he caught sight of Jungkook's murderous expression. And Hoseok steered the meeting into safer waters. Seokjin had suddenly become extremely aware of Jungkook's eyes on him. He dared not to look up.

Taehyung concluded the meeting on a positive note and they set up a schedule for viewing some plots in the coming week. It was decided that Hoseok would show the plots to Seokjin since Taehyung insisted that he trusted Jin's judgement on them fully. Jungkook raised his eyebrows at the statement and watched how Taehyung smiled even more warmly at Seokjin who was a blushing mess. His fingers tightened around the pen he was holding, threatening to bend it in half with the force with which he held it.

Seokjin excused himself to use the bathroom and walked down the hall in the direction that Jungkook's secretary had pointed out to him. He was just washing his hands when the door to the restroom opened, revealing a very irate Jeon Jungkook.