Chapter 12 (M)

Jungkook

I must be the biggest idiot in the history of idiots! I can't believe I let those fuckers convince me to do this! But I sort of understand where they're coming from. I know they're fed up with me and my years of grieving for someone who isn't dead and who's never coming back to me.

This place seems nice. It's new, I've been informed. The name seems familiar but I can't seem to place it now, Chani's. Hmmm....where have I heard that name before?

My frustration returns when my stupid 'blind date' is late. I hate tardiness and this isn't getting off to a good start already. Fuck Namjoon and Hoseok for putting me in this situation! Those two fuckers can't even confess their own feelings but they've got to be interfering in my love life, which is non existent right now.

Apparently, I've been a grouch since I haven't got laid since forever. Fuck! I can't deny that truth though. Since Jin left me all those years ago and then found me recently, I've been with no other. Even my late husband and I had stopped having sex. At the time, I didn't know his reason for abstaining was his illness; I had taken it as his indifference.

But, back then, my interest in sex had wavered. Jin became my only source of comfort and ease and I knew the reason all too well....I was completely in love with him. Everything about him endeared me to him. His silly laugh, his cuteness, the way he had this uncanny ability to always understand any situation with a lateral point of view. He amazed me with his intelligence and forethought. God, how I miss him....

I can't do this shit! Namjoon will know I tried. If my stupid date didn't show up, how was that my problem? I don't even know how they got this guy to agree to go out with me in the first place. I know they were lying that he's some old acquaintance, blah blah blah!

I was just about to get up when my said date, finally made his entrance. He looked flushed and apologised profusely for being tardy. Apparently, his mum had taken ill and he had stopped by to see her first. He had texted me but I hadn't checked my phone, so in retrospect, it was my own fault for thinking the worst of him.

Our server came out and he was polite. The place had a quiet and pleasing atmosphere. And the food was excellent. I wish I could kiss the fingers of the chef, that was how much I loved it. I asked our server to call the chef out. I wanted to thank him/her personally.

Are my eyes deceiving me?!

...............

Seokjin

"You gotta see this guy hyung! He's gorgeous! He looks even better than Taehyung hyung," Soobin was busy fanboying while we had a hectic and busy night.

"Just get to work, or I'll push your tiny ass into the oven and bake you in a pie! You know we're shorthanded back here tonight and you insist on your ridiculous fanboying!"

He laughed at the image I'd created in his mind. I smiled stupidly and carried on with my orders.

"Hyung! The same guy has asked for the chef! Come on, stop being a prude and go see your new fan."

I scoffed at his words but wiped my hands on my apron and neatened my clothes before heading out.

My world stopped when I realised who it was......