Chapter 8

Taehyung was ready to leave for the party. He called Jin but he wasn't picking up so he went to his hotel room instead. After a time, a maid on the floor informed him that the room was unoccupied. Taehyung frowned. He checked the time and made his way to the party alone and dejected.

He was just about to enter his car when he felt a hand on his arm. He turned to find Seokjin looking very harried and out of breath.

"I'm sorry I'm late sir. I was stuck in some traffic and my phone died."

Taehyung smiled softly. "It's okay Jin. I was just worried about you." He moved closer to Jin and placed a light kiss on his cheek. Jin was taken aback and didn't know how to react. He mumbled an apology and got into the limousine.

"Did you check out of the hotel?" Taehyung asked Jin, observing him curiously.

"I-I .... yes sir. I'm staying with a friend until we leave."

"No problem Jinnie. I hope they are good people." Taehyung observed how flushed and irritated Seokjin became at the mention of his 'friend'; he resolved not to bother him about this again.

They arrived at the party and Taehyung smiled broadly when Seokjin held onto his arm and entered. It seemed as though he was his date but Taehyung knew better than to hope.

"Iris, my dear sister. It's been too long," Taehyung gushed, his eyes searching for his nephew. Chani turned 4 today and he had shopped for a suitable gift for him with Jin. That was when they had encountered Jeon Jungkook. Taehyung absentmindedly, thought on the events of that day up until now while his nephew gushed over the plushie Jin had chosen for him, along with other toys. It hadn't occured to Taehyung before but now that he thought on it, he had seen a marked change in Seokjin since that very day.

Was Jeon Jungkook the reason behind this change in Jin or maybe someone associated with him? Just then, the very man who was now invading his thoughts entered with the same small child that he had seen in the toy store.
He felt Seokjin's hand tighten on his arm and he frowned but didn't say anything.

All colour drained from Seokjin's face and he was as white as a sheet. Taehyung immediately guided him away to the back room very tactfully. He closed the door behind them and leaned down in front of Seokjin.

"Are you okay Jinnie? Can I get you something?" Taehyung was worried about his condition. He loosened his tie and took off his coat when Jin didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry sir. I just need a moment."

"It's okay Jinnie. I'm here for you."

He went out and retrieved a bottle of water for him and Seokjin drank from it gratefully. He was visibly calmer and Taehyung smiled. When Seokjin hugged him, he held onto him slowly, patting his back reassuringly.

They joined the party and Seokjin never left his hand after that. Taehyung smiled and made small talk with everyone, not unaware of Seokjin's nervousness when his eyes found Jungkook's. Taehyung noticed how Jungkook's expression turned dark when his eyes travelled to their intertwined hands and still Jin didn't let go.

"Mr Jeon, a pleasure to see you here Sir," Taehyung said politely, shaking his hand. Jungkook's eyes never left Seokjin's face. "Is this your little boy? He is really beautiful," Taehyung stated.

"Yes. This is my Seojoon. He will be turning 4 next week. I'll be having a party for him. Perhaps you and your assistant can join us then, in Singapore?"

"Coincidentally, we will be in Singapore then. I have plots to look at there as well."

"I am well aware. I should implore you to bring Seokjin along."

"I will definitely. Won't you Jinnie?" Taehyung turned to look at the visible mess Seokjin had become. "Are you okay Jinnie? Do you want to leave?" Taehyung asked, concern etched in his every feature.

"I-I'm sorry Sir. Can we please leave?" Seokjin almost whispered to Taehyung, who noticed that Jungkook's face mirrored his own.

"Can I be of some assistance? Maybe you need some air?" He asked politely yet Taehyung could see he was struggling to hold back his worry.

"I just need some air Sir. May I please be excused?" Seokjin looked at Taehyung and then to Jungkook and Seojoon.

"Of course Jinnie. Please take all the time you need. I'll be right here waiting for you," Taehyung replied and he didn't miss the hiss that escaped Jungkook's lips nor the way his eyes followed Seokjin as he made his exit.

"Abeo, is that not the handsome man that helped Joonie in the toy store?" Seojoon asked his father.

"Yes sweetheart. It is him."

"Please go help him. He helped Joonie. He is a nice man."

Taehyung watched their interaction and smiled softly. He could see the conflict on Jungkook's face and decided to help him.

"He can stay with me if you like Mr Jeon. I'll take him to the party table where my nephew is about to cut the cake I presume."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung kindly for the first time that night.

"Will you please? I will be ever so grateful," he said as his eyes continued to scan the area that Seokjin had vanished to.

"No problem. And I think, he's out in the balcony." He winked and took Seojoon's hand, leaving a thoroughly confused Jungkook in his wake.

Taehyung watched as Jungkook rushed to Seokjin like a man who had just lost everything after his house had burned down. He had been right to assume that Jungkook was the man that Seokjin was seeing. His heart constricted in his chest but he held his tears at bay as he took Jungkook's son to the children's table.

...........

"Seokjinah, my love." Jungkook implored Jin who turned around and ran into his embrace. Jungkook held onto him tightly as he cried his heart out. "I love you my baby. I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were attending this same party. Do you want to go?"

Seokjin sniffled. "No hyungie. I was just taken aback seeing Seojoonie. He is so beautiful."

Jungkook smiled softly. He ran his palm over Seokjin's hair slowly. "He is. He is your son after all."

"Please let us join the party then I will meet you at the hotel."

"Okay my baby. By the way, I think your boss has guessed about us."

Seokjin looked at him in horror. "Oh no! I did not want my personal life to interfere in my professional one."

"He seemed cool about it babe. Don't stress about it."

"You know he likes me hyungie."

"I know. I can see it," and his eyes turned dark. Seokjin chuckled.

"Let's go hyungie."

"I love you my Jinnie."

"I know...."

Jungkook smiled and kissed Seokjin lovingly. One day soon, he will be screaming just how much he loves him to the world.

..........

************************************

I'm sorry for updating this late. Wattpad has been acting up too much. 😕

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙