Chapter 11

Seokjin

"Hey Jin hyung! There's a call for you from the front. I think the customer would like to see the chef," my sous-chef, Soobin, called out.

I sighed heavily. I hope it's not a complaint. But sometimes, customers like to greet the chef, maybe to thank or compliment on the food.

I neatened my attire and pushed my hair away from my eyes. I went out with a smile on my face. Good customer service goes a long way in this business.

"Hi baby."

I squealed in delight when I realised who it was. I turned around and stuck my tongue out at a laughing Soobin. I watched as he smiled and went back to the kitchen. I turned back to my surprise visitor.

"Taehyungie! When did you get back? Why didn't you text or call me? How long will you be here for?" I bombarded him with questions.

"Hey hey....slow down baby. I'm not going anywhere. I wanted to surprise you and I see I've achieved that. I love you my angel. I've missed you so much."

He leaned in and kissed me deeply. In the last six months that we've been actively dating, Taehyung has been the perfect boyfriend and gentleman. He never does more than kiss me and hold me. We do cuddle and sleep in the same bed when he's in town but he's never touched me inappropriately or forced anything physical with me other than a few kisses and hugs.

Today's kiss has left me breathless and I felt a small chink in the walls I've put up around my heart.

He swayed his hips against mine and held me close. "What say we get out of here and go home to your apartment, make some terrible popcorn and coffee, yuck!" I laughed lightly; he hated coffee. "Watch some sappy romantic movie and fall asleep in each others arms?"

"Mmmmm....I kind of like the sound of that, sir," I winked at him, smiling stupidly.

"Sir? Really? Still calling me that are you?" He pretended to huff irritably.

I pouted cutely at him. I know how he likes to pretend that he doesn't like me calling him that. The truth is, I don't think I've ever been with someone like him. He's so patient and sweet with me. He's never candid about his feelings for me. He takes such good care of me. And I find myself missing him more and more with each passing day. Because of his work, he's hardly ever around, but when he is, he makes the most of our time together, doing simple and happy things.

"Stop being silly and let's go. I've had a long day and I think I need a soak."

"Mmmmm.....Kim Seokjin, are you trying to tempt me?" He looked at me with a hint of mischief in his eyes.

"Shut up Taehyungie!" I hit his chest lightly and he laughed happily, pulling me closer and holding me tight.

I indicated for Soobin to lock up for me, and threw my apron across the counter to him. He caught it and laughed at my antics. I was very lucky to have Soobin. He was one of the boys that used to work with me before, at the club. He was very young then and I always felt bad for him. I was a broken man, I'd suffered in more terrifying ways that one and I never wanted Soobin and the other young boys to endure what I had been through.

When I started at the restaurant, I called him up first and he happily came along. He hasn't looked back since and I was glad for it. Soon, others followed after much convincing, and now they all work under me, with decent jobs and a proper lifestyle.