Chapter 22

Jungkook

"It's okay baby. You can do this. We're all here for you. Just hold my hand and Tae's. That's it baby. One step at a time."

My heart clenched as my angel struggled to walk up the few steps. This was probably one of the hardest things he's had to overcome his whole life. After much deliberation and advice and support from Taehyung and his cousin, Jin's therapist, my Jinnie had finally caved to go back to his roots. His therapist agreed to this method of therapy and my baby was doing so well.

I thanked the Gods for Taehyung. He seemed an unlikely ally but he's proven his love and support for Jinnie on so many levels. I feel bad for him since I know he's in love with Jin but he reassures me that he'll never come between us. His main objective is to see Jin happy and healthy again.

Taehyung is like a godsend. He reminds me a lot of Jimin in many ways. He had this calming effect on us all, similar to how Jimin made us feel. He was sensitive and very caring, which endeared himself to everyone around him. And after getting to know him these past few days, I valued him more than ever.

"Jin, look at me. Concentrate on my eyes only, feel my touch on your fingers. Yeah? Press each finger lightly. That's good. You're doing so well. We're almost at the top now." Taehyung smiled at me. Jin concentrated on his eyes all the way to the top.

We were visiting his old neighbour, Mrs Chen. Namjoon had tracked her down after much difficulty. And even more difficult, it seemed, was to acquire information on the ghost Suga. The only thing Namjoon's men had uncovered so far, was his name, Min Yoongi. People seemed afraid to talk about him. Jin called him the devil and we've found that he had good reason to believe he really was.

I watched as Jin looked at the door to his old home. This place was almost derelict. It should have been condemned years ago. I turned him around and faced Mrs Chen's door instead. He trembled a little but nodded.

I heard voices coming from her apartment and furrowed my eyebrows. As far as we had learnt, Mrs Chen lived alone and a female caregiver came in daily to see to her needs. This sounded distinctly like a male's voice.

I exchanged a look with Taehyung as I gently pushed the door inside only to find her sitting alone at her table, eating a hot meal of noodles and soup that looked like it came out of a packet. She looked up, alarmed at our entrance until she saw Jin. Then her eyes lit up with recognition.

"Jin? Is that you baby?" She turned her old eyes on Seokjin as he teared and went to sit with her.

I realised her television was on, so the voices I had heard, probably came from that. Taehyung and I checked out her place while Jin sat with her and spoke to her quietly. Our bodyguards were stationed just outside the door and outside of the building. Namjoon insisted on taking no chances.

"Mrs Chen, my name is Jungkook and I'm ...."

"You're my Jinnie's husband aren't you?" She cut me off. Jin and I both became flustered and Taehyung smirked knowingly.

"Well, I hope to be, if he'll let me," I smiled sheepishly at my baby, who was blushing profusely now.

"Mrs Chen, we needed to know some things from you if you'll be able to recall," I began.

"Is it alright if I finish my dinner first? My Teddy made it with so much love. I really missed him you know."

"Of course you can Mrs Chen."

"Teddy? Are you talking about your grandson Mrs Chen?"

"Yes Jinnie. You remember him, don't you? You both used to play out in the playground down below."

I watched as my Jinnie frowned and Mrs Chen continued to eat her food slowly.

"But Mrs Chen, didn't Teddy pass away when he was 8? He was struck by a car when he ran across the road to get his ball."

Mrs Chen dropped her spoon. Her eyes glazed over as she began to weep. I was at a loss as to what I should do. I looked to Jin for help who was equally bewildered.

"Mrs Chen," Taehyung began, "You said that Teddy made that for you? Are you sure it was him and not someone else?" My eyes narrowed at his question. What was he getting at?

Mrs Chen started to visibly shake and then she screamed.

"Jin! Run Jinnie! He was here! I remember now Jinnie! It was Suga. He came here. He was here a minute ago."

I hissed and both Taehyung and I scrambled when we realised what she had meant. There really was someone here when we entered. It was Suga. But where was he now and how did he disappear so quickly?

We searched her house frantically but it was empty save for some old furniture. Too late I remembered the fire escape. He was long gone by then. He's a slippery snake for sure. But why was he here and did he make that food for the old lady? This man was starting to intrigue me. The people we'd questioned, had all been afraid of him. I could smell the fear coming off of them. But here he was, committing an act of kindness to an old lady? What were his motives?

Jin was panicking when I got back to him. I sat down and held him tightly. Mrs Chen smiled at us and started talking about times past on her own. Her memory was still sharp. She told us all about Min Yoongi and his relationship with Seokjin's mother. She knew a lot.

She also spoke about the murder and how she had helped Yoongi to get a smaller sentence by testifying for him. She was able to recall how another man had come questioning her a few years ago. He never gave her his name but she described him well enough, Choi Wonwoo. That fucker!

I called Namjoon and told him to make arrangements to have her transferred to a nursing home with full care. She couldn't live like this. She was the only person who had cared for my Jinnie when even his own people had turned on him. The least I could do was take care of her in her twilight years.

We were a lot closer in discovering Min Yoongi and who he really was. Mrs Chen was a wealth of information. Now all we had to do was find him before he found Jin.

...........

************************************

Hey my swties

I'm sorry for not updating this book sooner. I've just been going through a lot recently. But I hope to get back on track and give you quality content that you deserve.

I purple you 💜

************************************

Love Swty 😙