Four-Until We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

     Where does she live, Noah? I demand, impatiently pacing back and forth.

     This Noah deflates, stuttering in incompetence. I—uh, well she—uh..

     I snarl at his bane in life.

     She lives at the edge of the territory. The old cabin with the stone porch, Your Majesty. Malcolm replies for the insecure wolf.

     I take off down the road, following the pack houses in an attempt to find the woman the scent belongs to. My eyes search for the old home with stone steps. My heart pounds in my ears the faster my legs carry me. The smell is bleak, very soft, but I track it back to the woods, a couple acres out of the way, right on the edge of Amnestry territory. It's a quaint little cottage with some need of work done, but the decorations surrounding the house were adorable. There's plenty of
'Welcome' signs and even a red car in the driveway.

     I shift, embracing the pain and pleasure. The smell invaded my senses as I walk up to the steps. My erratic heart rate pounds faster and faster, the moment of clarity was so close. I could sense it. My feet shuffle against the stone steps, coming to the wood door. Not knowing what to expect, I look down and realize I'm bare, but I could care less. She'd be happy to see me anyway, if it is her, that is.

     Before I could turn around and walk away, I knock, quite loudly, three times. It's quiet, save for the birds in the trees and the hum of electricity. My nerves flare up, running rampant with my wandering anxiety. I run my hands through my hair, attempting to look seductive. My hands were sweaty, my knees became week, and not to mention my stomach's full of knots. It's happening again. I knock once more, a bit louder than last time.

     No one answers the door, and with my anticipation rising, I grab the knob. It's locked, but I quickly fix that with the flick of my wrist. I listen for movement, but there's nothing. The sounds of a fan whirling and of someone's breathing is the only thing I register as I slip inside. The door clicks behind me. Quiet as a mouse, I wander through the home, noticing a few things here and there before I stop at the door that hides the sinful aroma.

     My knees almost buckled beneath me as I inhale. I rest my forehead on the door, begging, pleading, to the Goddesses above I wasn't wrong. I couldn't be wrong again, it's been so long, so many years since I've last cherished, I've last sated, I've last held... I couldn't be on a wild chase. After everything that's happened, I'll never mate again if she's not behind this door. I couldn't bare that pain because of the last.

     The door opens and not all the way either. About a fourth of the door is held back by a chair and a desk. Peaking my head in, I notice how small the room is. A bed is directly in front of me, no more than three feet, and there lays a cat near the edge. A small path lined with dressers leads me to a figure in the bed. My eyes blink rapidly, blurring my vision from the sudden confirmation. I practically run to her side as soon as I see her hair's naturally dark turning into a blonde.

     Brazenly, I touch the smooth cheek of the woman with porcelain skin. She's not exactly what I remember, but I feel the bond between us. It's there, coursing through both our veins, alive and present. This is when I place a knee on the bed and hover above the woman. She's sleeping soundly, her eyes softly sifting back and forth, and I can only imagine what she dreams. My eyes linger over her face, inhaling her luxurious scent. Her cheeks are puffy, and she has a small mouth, but I could kiss her lips until time stopped. Brushing away strands of hair, I remember our last dance.

     As much as I wanted to crawl in bed with her, I kiss her exposed neck instead, nibbling for a moment. I don't know how she came back to me, but she's here and I can't let her go.