Meanie 5

[I have an intense writer's block but why not- Also, this is one of the concept of a book I wanna write but probably wont finish lol so Im writing a preview. Lemme know if you want a full version]

Jeon Wonwoo is a famous author from Seoul, he is known for writing deep and realistic stories. Hes currently working on a book relating to mysterious murders and how detectives are able to solve them.

"In the middle of the city, there was a cafe owned by a couple whos as sweet as candy. They would normally bicker and fight but the two loves each other no matter what."

"Heres your coffee" Wonwoo's friend, Seungkwan placed the cup of coffee infront of him. "Youre still writing, hyung? Geez, you should take a break" Seungkwan suggested.

"Im fine, my deadline is near anyways" Wonwoo stated as he took a sip of his coffee.

"Seungkwan's right, Hyung. You came here yesterday and youre still writing" His other friend, Vernon, who also happens to be Seungkwan's boyfriend, joined in their conversation.

"Yah!" Seungkwan hit Vernon's arm. "You dont just butt in people's conversation!" He continued to nag at his boyfriend.

Wonwoo chuckled at the sight of the two, "You two, dont fight infront of your customer" He playfully scolded.

'....Police reports said, it might be the work of the infamous Silent Killer who was also the cause of the kidnappings and the murders these days. This dangerous criminal is still on the loose, as the officials were still finding out hus identity...'

"Oh god.." Seungkwan shook his head, he clung to Vernon. "Hansoll, walk with me later"

"Youre a Boy, Kwan, you can protect yourself" Vernon was only half-joking but Seungkwan was upset by that.

This is basically Wonwoo's everyday life as an author, he would start his day, go to the cafe and write his book. He came to know the couple and their Manager, Jeonghan. Why does he write in the cafe and not in his own home? His Roommate is a choreographer and just loud in general. Wonwoo prefers a quiet place, like the cafe to write at.

"Soonyoung, turn your music down!" Wonwoo shouted.

"Sorry!" Soonyoung then turned the volume down.

"In the middle of the night, the man was taken away by an unknown identity. The woman woke up, her husband was gone from her side. Only to find out, he was kidnapped. She cried and cried, she was very worried for her spouse"

The next day, Wonwoo opened the doors to the cafe. Unlike the usual, the atmosphere was depressing. There was no people around.

"Im sorry, were closed for today-" Jeonghan came out as he heard the bell ring, only to realize it was Wonwoo. "Ah, I mustve forgot the sign"

"Its fine..Why the sudden closure?" Wonwoo asked. The cafe was supposed to be open today. Something mustve happened which caused Jeonghan to close the cafe.

Jeonghan sighed, "Its Vernon...He nearly spilled hot coffee on the customer. Hes so out of it today" He explained. He then led Wonwoo to the backroom.

Vernon sat there, laying his head on the table while checking his phone. He does it every second. He suddenly slammed his fist, "Im so stupid!" He shouted.

Jeonghan rushed to the younger, he patted his back as he gave Vernon water. "Its not your fault, Its okay" He hushed.

"If I...If I just walked him home last night, this wouldnt have happened" Vernon slammed his fist again on the table.

"What happened?" Wonwoo asked.

"Seungkwan..Seungkwan is missing. Chan said he didnt come home last night"

Wonwoo looked at his watch, '12:34 pm' "what time did you guys went home?"

"11:35, we stopped by a convenience store before going home"

"Hes been missing for...12 hours?" Jeonghan counted. He sighed, "Knowing Seungkwan, he wouldnt been missing that long"

"Have you already reported to the police?" Wonwoo asked. Both Jeonghan and Vernon shook their heads. He remembered it takes 24 hours before a person was declared missing.

Wonwoo went home after chatting with the two. "Wierd..." He muttered to himself.

"Her close friend knew the officials wont do anything. He suggested to visit the well-known detective in town, Mr.Kim. He was a g"

Wonwoo put his pen down, the incident in the cafe still bugs him. He sighed and leaned his head back on the pillow.

"Yo" Soonyoung went in and sat down on Wonwoo's bed. He would sometimes visit Wonwoo to chat. "I heard about Seungkwan..poor thing" He shook his head.

"I know...I really liked that kid, hes just annoying sometimes" Wonwoo sighed. He stared at the ceiling trying to clear his mind off.

Soonyoung found the book, Wonwoo was writing. He only read the first part, he dont really read much. "Youre writing a mystery?"

"Yeah..Just a change, its tiring writing real life stuff"

"You know, this incident can be a good material for your book" Soonyoung suggested.

"Hes my friend, idiot. Im not that insensitive to do that. Plus, Im pretty sure the police would find him"

Soonyoung looked at him unamused, "You know what happens to the victims right? They get kidnapped and boom! Their dead. If only my friend is in this city" He scoffed.

"Your...friend?"

"Yeah! My friend is a great detective. Hes just stupid but he can solve cases easily" Soonyoung boasted. He handed Wonwoo a card.

"Kim Mingyu...huh.."