Chapter 40: Descendant of the Tiger Virago

"We need to talk." I looked around and this time darkness surrounded us.I  didn't  like it but I was grateful for it.

"If it's about......" I started to talk but she silenced me.

"You need to know what's really going on. All the hidden information is in a hut far away from the elders' hut. It's in the north east side of the palace."

"But that place has been abandoned for years."I  said  as I looked  at myself  trying  to see if she was lying  or telling  the truth.

"You'll meet someone there to help you with the information." She said  nevertheless.

"Wait who's that.........." Sleep washed over me quickly as she disappeared.

I didn't sleep for long. Six thirty in the morning I was up. I wore something comfortable to fight in. I didn't know what my tiger self meant that I was going to meet someone. I walked to the kitchen and found my mother cooking. I didn't even bother to ask where they were going this early. I ate some cereal and drank apple juice to hold my stomach till I came back. Once I was heading back to my bedroom, I heard people coming towards our door and when I recognized their scents I walked angrily to the door.

"I'm not in the mood right now so leave." I said acidly as I opened the door then slammed it.

"Roxy, please it's serious." Helaki begged from outside.

"If you don't open the door I'll knock it down." Joman shouted.

"I don't think my parents would like that." I shouted back and I glanced to my mother who froze and dropped the spoon she was using. I rolled my eyes and opened the door." One minute."

"Roxy, you're in trouble. I heard that the elders are planning a sacrifice to the tiger gods so that they can ask for your removal of the tiger in you." Joman explained.

" All the troops are heading here to capture you." Helaki added.

"All?" I asked. I looked at Helaki wondering why she was here after yesterday but it wasn't time to get emotional.

"Yes." She answered.

"Let's go." I told them then ran to my room to get the snake bracelet and ran back.

"Where?" Joman asked.

"Palace grounds."

"You're not going to get their alive." Helaki stated.

"And when has death ever stopped me." I told her as passed by them. I never feared death, only a death with no purpose. They followed me as we entered into the forest. I realized the troops had circled the house." Stay behind me." I ordered them. I was surprised Joman didn't say a word but followed. We ran through the forest stealthily knocking out some people as we arrived in the palace grounds.

"Where we going?" Joman finally asked.

"The north east side of the grounds." I answered quietly as we ran, hidden.

"That place has been abandoned since.....him."

"I know. If you don't want to help me you can turn around. I'm pretty sure I can manage this alone." From there he kept quiet as we arrived at the abandoned place. Trees and thickets has grown deep into the stone buildings and huts. In the middle of it all there was a hut that seemed perfectly fine like someone had been in it. I entered inside to find it empty. I frowned at the sight.

"Was something supposed to be here?" I growled at Joman.

"Yes Joman yes."

" Who told you? " Helaki asked. She had tried her best to keep quiet the whole way here in which I was actually grateful.