Chapter 22:The Hidden Section

I found myself listening to the beats we were making as we jogged on the sidewalks along the road. The sun had just started to rise and a lot of people weren't awake on a Saturday morning. It was like the town was deserted. I smiled at the fact my cousin was joining me on a morning jog on a Saturday. So I told her, " You're actually pretty good for a normal person."

"A normal person?" She asked like I had said the most absurd thing."What's that supposed to mean ?"

"It's a compliment." I looked at her as she frowned. "You know I can ran faster than this. Plus, curly hair isn't doing that good." We all looked behind to find Jasper way behind us, his whole t-shirt wet. I thought it was water but when looked at it very well, it was sweat!" He's sweating like a waterfall."

"Well that's how he is. I don't know how he's going to enter the library looking like that ." Charlotte  said.

"Jasper hurry up!"I  shouted.

"Stop shouting. People are still sleeping." She shushed me .

"Well that's their own problem. The sun has risen anyway." Charlotte shook her head and we continued jogging till we reached the library. I started to looking around memorizing the environment, in short, everything that could make us enter the library without noise." What are you doing?"

"Looking for a broken window."

"Why?" Then she gasped and said," We are not breaking into the library. Let's just wait ten more minutes for it to be opened. It's almost seven."

"Charlotte ,what if that part of the library isn't visible to everyone? They're going to see three teenage kids disappearing into books and I'm not going to explain anything when we get back."

She groaned." Fine." I listened carefully for the creaking of a window which didn't take long then I looked for the ropes I had hidden in the nearby bush." Are you entering the library like that?" She asked. I looked down at what I was wearing, a Jade green sports bra and black workout pants. I really didn't mind showing some skin unlike her because she  should have seen the clothes I used to wear back in Ziabali. But I had hidden a black hoodie in the bushes as well. I knew she was going to ask if why I hid everything there but I quickly climbed on the wall and told her,

"Tell me if you see anyone coming." I continued to climb the wall my claws gripping to the brick till I reached the window and tied the rope on the window sill hook. I jumped all the way down and Charlotte screamed but I landed on my feet." Why are you screaming?"

"Because you just jumped from the first floor of the library."

"I landed perfectly on my feet. I even did a flip midair." Charlotte wasn't used to my tiger senses unlike Henry who was so fascinated by me doing anything tiger related. Jasper finally arrived, sweating and the first thing he removed was his shirt and squeezed the sweat out of it. I cringed." You could have told me that you have issues in jogging."

"I do not. It's my feet that are too large and I sweat too much." He said frowning. I ran back to where I had seen a bucket earlier and filled it with water. I poured on him when I came back quickly and they were both shocked by my speed. I realized I had never really shown what I could do." Wasn't that like two blocks away?" He asked amazed.

"Guys I can only run at seventy five kilometers per hour unlike the Flash...."

"Seventy five?? A human's top speed is 45 kilometers per hour." They were all so shocked and I got annoyed. Quickly.

"Okay let's go. Jasper you're going to have to wear this t-shirt even though it's mine. You can even keep it. Charlotte start climbing." I thought this would be easy but they were both scared of climbing and I had to climb with my claws to help them up. It was tiring and the library was about to open in one or two minutes. I couldn't believe I was thinking this but I wished Henry was here. Everything would have been easier. We finally entered the library when the librarian had arrived at five minutes late but I was thankful for that.