Chapter23: Unexpected Guest

Henry's POV
" Remember everyone. It's just a charity dance and....." Mrs. Shapen continued but was interrupted by Blaire Winters.

"Everyone needs to look hot. I don't want to see animals in the party." She said that mostly to Roxy who had her legs on the table and scowled at her, obviously thinking of all the ways to insult her. Blaire had been in our school for two weeks but acted like she owned the place.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked  in a bored tone.

"Seriously Roxella, look at what you're wearing?"  I seriously didn't know what Blaire was saying because I found Roxy looking kinda sexy with Jade green blouse which I think she called it an off shoulder, with black jeans that showed her ass and black military boots. I wondered how she got out of the house without her aunt telling her to change.

"Well I think I look great." She said standing up beside me. " Unless someone wants to comment." The whole room that was murmuring before fell silent at her words. I smiled, loving the way she induced fear in people when she really was a sweet person. She sat down and Mrs. Shapen continued, " So please be punctual and please behave. Plus can someone please come and scratch my back?" We all frowned at her question then bell rang and we all got out of class.

"So we're all going to that dance right?" Jasper asked.

"Obviously." I said but the girls seemed like they had other excuses.

"I don't think I'm up for a dance."Charlotte said.

"What happens at a dance?" Roxy asked and we all looked shocked." What? I was homeschooled during middle school."

"Oh."  Jasper pulled me aside and we stood as we watched the girls walk away.

"I was thinking  I should  ask Roxy to the dance."

"Mmh I don't think you should do that." I retorted.

"And why is that?"

"Because I'm taking her to the dance." I said confidently. I could feel the tension in the air as Jasper glared at me.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

"No you're not."

"Yes....I am." And the bickering continued, all the way to the man cave.

"Okay seriously, what you guys jib jabbing about?" Ray asked once we entered. I didn't know what jib jabbing meant but I said,

"We were discussing who should take Roxy to the dance."

"Roxy? Okay guys I like that she's strong and loves to fight but she's  wild and a huge pain in my back. Literally. Like does she even like any of you? All she does is make fun."

"Well I think she's beautiful." Jasper said and I had to nod to that.

"But she likes me so boom." I said as I imitated bomb explosions." I'm the one to ask her out."

"Oh so we're doing that, okay! The J train does not agree." We ended up bickering again till Ray stopped us.

"How about you two settle this with a game of ping pong. Whoever wins, asks Roxy out. "

"Then Henry no hyper modidily." Jasper said with an accusing voice.

"It's hyper motility."

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
Roxy's POV
The dance was all everyone could talk about, even Piper who wasn't in our school. I didn't care about the dance too much anyway even though Piper said I should go to, I quote her words,' To show off my dance skills and put suckers like Blaire in her place.' I seriously didn't care about Blaire because if she decided to go on insult battle with me, she would lose. So here I was in Henry's house with my other friends and his sister who were excitedly watching a show called Dog Judge.

"You do know the dog is saying nothing related to the case." I told them.

"How do you know that?" Piper asked, her blue eyes looking at me with confusion and curiosity. Now everyone was looking at me waiting for my answer.

"Just guessing." I answered. I didn't think I had ever told any of them that I could understand animals if I would listen to them enough. I felt like the dog on TV was being mistreated and I didn't want to watch so I said, "I'm going to get some orange juice."

"I want some." Henry said while his eyes were glued to the TV but I said,

"Come get your own." I walked to their fridge and opened it and pulled out the juice. As I was pouring a glass, Henry came over and poured himself a glass.

"You don't like the show?" He asked.

"No. He's being mistreated."

"So you can understand animals? That's cool." I smiled. Everything I did was cool to him. Besides, making fun of him. "So I've been meaning to ask you....." He had gotten nervous by the second and I started to wonder what was the question.

"Yes?" I waited for him to say something but a thought passed through my head: what if he wanted to ask me to the dance? A thought of this made me kind of excited since I had never been to a dance before and going to a dance with Henry seemed fun. But you're not supposed to like him  My  subconscious told me but I ignored it .

"Um..." He was rudely interrupted by the door bell ringing and we both went to look who it could be. A long haired brunette stepped inside the house.

"Bianca!" Everyone seem to exclaim and Henry dropped the glass, orange juice sprinkling everywhere. I jumped away just in time and headed back to the living room to observe this Bianca. She was pretty, I won't lie but I did not like the way she was looking at me, like I didn't belong. So Henry asked,

"What are you doing here?"

"Well I quit the show, Kids in the Woods, because I missed home, school, my friends, you....."

"Oh okay." Henry said glancing at me but I kept a poker face, I watched Charlotte smirking like something interesting was going to happen." Well while you were gone, Charlotte's cousin moved to Swellview."

"Oh, I'm Bianca." She said as she held out her hand to shake and I shook it.

"Roxy." I turned to Piper ." Hey . I need to show you something before I forget." There was really nothing to show but just seeing Bianca and Henry was giving me this choking feeling I didn't like at all.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
"Oh hey lovelies."  Blaire said as she sat at our table in the cafeteria. I glared at her as she sat down." So I hope everyone has dates to the dance."

"It's just a charity dance." Henry said taking another bite out of his sandwich.

"You know you're just saying that because your girlfriend, she's beautiful by the way, came back." Henry looked down like it was something he didn't want to hear which I found kind of interesting because he was supposed to be happy" So Roxella....."

"It's Roxy." I corrected.

"Who's your date?" I knew Blaire wanted to show that she was better than me because I am respected more than her. But it must be embarrassing to have a date, even though I didn't feel it but I said,

" You know it's really lame for a person  to go around asking about people's business. Like seriously, who does that. But if you have to know, it's Jasper." I said as I looked straight into her bright green eyes." Isn't that right?"I  turned to him.

"What? I mean yeah. I asked her." Jasper spluttered, shocked I said his name.

"So, are you satisfied? Because I feel I'm going to vomit. Your disgusting pink top is clashing with our lunches." I smirked and she frowned and stomped away.

"Nice." Charlotte said and I high five- d her. I had worn a light disgusting pink sweater in the morning but I had to say something.

"Jasper I hope you don't mind me as your date."

"Actually." He said smirking at Henry." I don't."