Chapter 29:Living Fears pt.2

I wasn't going to hold back tears. I felt the tears pour down my face as I watched my cousin die, the venom making her rot from the inside. It shouldn't be this easy, I kept on telling myself. Ray seemed to have gotten Henry and Jasper out of the warehouse before any of them died from excessive bleeding." What do you want from me?" I asked between sobs.

"Your power. My people to respect me. My life before the banishment." His words echoed throughout the warehouse.

"And this is the way, killing my cousin. I have never done anything to you." I whispered but I knew he heard me.

"You know that's the bad thing about me. I'm a sadist, a killer, and some people call me psycho." He said laughing as I felt his claws enter my back and excruciating pain was radiating everywhere. He lifted me and the pain continued as I felt my back tear a little." How about we go to our people?" I didn't understand him but he carried me with the claws still in my back. He did something with the other half of the snake bracelet and the area around us became dark then too bright for me to see a thing so I shut my eyes. When I opened them we were in a jungle. The jungle that I had memorized for three years. He retracted his claws and slung me on his shoulder. I didn't try to fight. I couldn't feel my legs and I had started to lose hope." People of the Ziabali tribe, my people. I have returned today with a gift." I opened my eyes to see people didn't notice him except for a few.

"Guards seize him!" An elderly man shouted. The guards started to advance towards him but he said,

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." He then lifted me up by one arm." So this is your so called tiger virago. The one who is supposed to protect you and she doesn't even live among the people." Everyone was silent. All we could hear was the animals of the night, like the grasshoppers. Prince Joman came into view.

"Let her go!" He drew out his spear and shield and other warriors followed. I wanted to tell them that they shouldn't fight him but I was too dizzy to. I was getting weak from loss of blood and I knew no one was going to save me. I saw Emaku transform his whole head. I shuddered a little when I saw the large and  twisted fangs. He was going to bite my neck off. This was it. I closed my eyes shut waiting for more pain but when I opened my eyes, I was on the floor. Of the living room. At Blaire's house. I sat up feeling weak. It must have been a nightmare but it felt too real. That's when tears started to drop. I had lost my cousin, my friends , my people, my back. I had failed. Those were my fears. I wiped away the few tears I had and stood. There was still some few people in the room but even they were in their own world's. I started walking around calling for my friends. I entered Blaire's room to find Charlotte on the floor crying.

"Charlotte can you hear me?" She continued to cry like I wasn't there. She hadn't heard me. I made her look in my tiger eyes and I called her name again. Her eyes fluttered and she looked at me shocked but grateful.

"I thought I was....." She stopped and looked around.

"It's okay. It was Dr. Minyak's fear beams."

"Oh." She hugged me tight and I didn't refuse. I hugged her tighter when  the images of her dying appeared in my head.

"Let's go look for the boys."I said as we stood.

"And call Ray." We got down the stairs slowly avoiding people but when I turned around I smelt Henry.

"Henry what are you doing? " I screamed. He didn't listen to me but he was going to fall to off the stairs." Call Ray now." I walked slowly back up the stairs." Henry. It's okay. Come down from the rails."

"No. I need to do this so he can leave me alone."  He said now standing on the rails.

"So who can leave you alone?" I asked buying time.

"Him." He said pointing at the wall. He was about to jump but I said,

"Henry look at me." And I turned my eyes. I really didn't know how it got Charlotte out of the faze she was in but I knew it was working." Come down. Take my hand." He took my hand and came down slowly and I guided him down the stairs.

"Roxy." Henry said finally back to normal." Thank you." He squeezed my hand a little before letting go. Henry hugged Charlotte and she told us,

"He's on his way." I started to sniff around then I froze.

"Jasper's about to kill himself." I ran out the door and saw him in the middle of the road waiting for a car to hit him. A white car was coming at him at high speed and I ran and grabbed him away from the road." Jasper." I called out his name as I stared into his eyes with my other eyes. After the car passed by Henry and Charlotte ran to us. After they came we all did a group hug and I didn't complain. I was grateful for the friends I have. After a few minutes of silence, Jasper said,

"Guys, if anything bad happens to us, promise we won't leave each other behind." We all promised to that and I said,

" Also promise we'll stay like this at least till the end of high school."

"That won't be too hard. We might even stick together afterwards." Henry said hopefully.

" Yeah I hope." Charlotte said as we sat on the road everyone staring ahead thinking about their own things. I had planned once I stepped foot in Zambia again, I was going to disappear so my parents wouldn't bring me back here but I think I wanted to stay. I had cool friends and I was still saving people. Maybe we could stay like this till the end of high school, hopefully.

Please don't forget to vote and comment. I would love to know people's personal opinions about my book so that I could make it better. Sorry for the short chapter.