Chapter 20: Hidden Threats

Henry's POV
I was walking as slowly as I could to class. I didn't want to go back to class to hear Miss Shapen's small talk about how to avoid warts which was disgusting. In a distance  I could hear someone fussing and complaining. I could even hear the banging of a locker. I followed the sound to the closed side of the lockers. They said reconstruction was taking place but I had only seen workers there once. Then I heard a voice I recognized and for some other guy whose voice was very deep.

"Charm? I've tried all the charm I got but the subject won't oblige."

"Then try harder!"

"I have. I don't think even the subject is interested in me. I think the subject has interest in one of her allies."

"Then try something that you Americans do, what is it called......."

"A date?"

"Yes, that. Try to persuade her to do your will." I wanted to get more closer but then I felt a tap on my shoulder and I jumped and knocked myself on the locker nearby. I pulled Jasper away from there and we ran till we reached class.

"Bro you should not scare me like that." I told him.

"What were you looking at?" Jasper asked.

"Daniel. He was talking about a subject which I'm guessing is a person to the mysterious man who had a very deep voice." Jasper started to snap his fingers in front of my face. "Stop doing that! Why are you doing that?"

"To see if you're okay because we're talking about Daniel. Bad boy Daniel. The guy who has girls following him everywhere Daniel."

"I heard what I heard Jasper." I exasperated.

"If you're trying to get to Roxy's heart, that's not going to work. I guess I'm going to win her heart quickly." I wanted to prove him wrong  but I kept quiet. I decided when I noticed something was wrong I would tell her.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
"Hey babe." Daniel walked up to Roxy and I internally groaned. Roxy coughed, I'm guessing for him to realize his mistake because he said, "Hey Roxy."

"Hi Daniel. I'm not in the mood of you molesting me so if I was you I'd carry on. And if you try again I won't hit you. Henry will." She said  as she continued  to look at her locker and  gave  him no attention  whatsoever.

"What?" I asked acting like I hadn't heard anything.

"Oh I was telling pretty boy idiot here that you would love to hit him." I smiled as I walked towards Daniel and looked down at him because I was taller.

"Oh yeah, I would."I  said with a smirk.

"So what do you want?" Daniel then turned his attention to her.

"Roxy you know I already apologized." He said.

"Mmh...you apologized...that's  interesting.  I do not  recall."

"Okay then I'm  sorry. But please let me make  it up to you; a walk in Swellview park?" He asked.

Roxy gave him a fake smile. "It sounds okay but just know I'm being nice to you. If it was my way  I could have knocked your head on my locker a couple of times." My jaw dropped.   She was going on a  date with  him??

" Okay then. I'll pick you up at your house at five." He said.

" Oh no. I'll meet you there." Daniel left smiling. I was pretty sure he just didn't want to go for a walk in the park. "What?"

"What?" I asked. She was staring at me like she was examining me.

"Why are you worried?"she asked.