Chapter 4 :Swellview

I had packed all my stuff. I was waiting on the porch for my parents to take me to the airport. For some reason, they were taking a long time. I didn't want to stay with them so I entered the house and found the most shocking thing. My mom was throwing away my stuff.

"Mom, what are you doing??!!"I  screamed. I was trying  my best not to  rush over to her with my not normal  speed and  push her  away.

"What do you see I'm doing?" She asked as she picked up a shield and  threw it in the  fire at the fireplace. I watched  as it burned and  I tried to  keep  my anger down.

"Mom, I'm gonna need all of that."I  said  calmly.

"No you don't."

She kept on throwing away all my Ziabali stuff. My spear, staff, bow and arrows,my artefacts and other stuff.

"Mom stop it!" I shouted. Couldn't  she how much I was trying  not to  get angry?

"I'm doing this for your own good."

She took the rest of my stuff outside to....burn it? No...no this can't be happening. I started  to  bare my fangs. I turned  from  my mother. I glared as she took the  rest of my  stuff to  burn it.

"Mom, don't do it." I whispered.

She didn't listen. I saw my stuff burning in the fire. I could feel myself changing. My teeth were getting longer. I was trying to keep my anger inside. I could feel it bubbling at the pit of my stomach.

"Mom..... please don't do this." I tried  again to  warn her.

"It's for your own good."

All of a sudden, I felt a power surge into my body. It wasn't the regular one,  the tiger spirits one. Where was it from then? I asked  myself. I felt it more intense at my arm. I looked down at the snake bracelet. It was a weird bracelet because it started from my wrist to my elbow. It's eyes were glowing orange  then went  back to  its normal  color black. I felt it calming the angry volcano at the pit of my stomach. After a minute I felt....calm.

I stared at the fire sadly. I couldn't believe she burnt all my stuff.

"What do you have on your hand?" She asked.

"Nothing." She came and took my hand and looked at the bracelet.

"Give it to me." I looked  at her.  I couldn't  believe  she had the guts to  demand  it after she burnt  all my stuff.

"No I'm not."

"Give me the weird bracelet."

"I said  No." I took my mom's hand  away  from  my arm. She looked me in the eye and gasped and that's when I knew she had seen my other eyes. I closed  eyes then after a few seconds opened them again. " Mom," I said  calmly, "Please, this is the only thing that will remind me of the Ziabali tribe."

"Fine." She said  quietly  as she went back into the house and came with a box."Here's your phone."

"Thank you. Now, let's go."I told her as I took  my backpack and headed out.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I walked slowly towards the plane. I couldn't believe I was going to Swellview. I looked back hoping the village would be okay without me. I entered the plane knowing I was going to start a new life.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I was in the airport. The plane  had landed  not a few minutes ago.  I looked around as I  watched people move into different directions quickly. Then I saw a huge poster of 2 guys. They looked like superheroes. It said Captain Man and Kid Danger welcome you to Swellview. I looked at the  poster more closely. These guys were wearing red and blue. Wow this city had superheroes. I had been  a huge fan of  superheroes  when  I was young  but now I didn't  really  think much of them. I  guess  it was good that this city had warriors  to help them. As I headed towards the terminal, I decided to text Charlotte to pick me up.