Chapter 9: The curse of the bracelet

As I woke up, I heard water running down which meant Charlotte was in the bathroom. Finally I can stretch my other bones I thought. I stretched like a tiger meaning  very unnaturally for a human .It felt good to stretch my bones. I moved my wrists in a circular motion and a whip came out and hit the nearby lamp.

I rushed out of bed to put it back up. I hope nobody heard it fall. I looked at the bracelet and it's eyes were glowing green and I couldn't see the whip. I moved my right wrist in a circular motion and the whip came back. I looked at the bracelet which usually up to my elbow now only around my wrist.

I turned my wrist anticlockwise and the whip went away. The main elder knew what he was giving me but now I couldn't ask what it is. What was the use of giving  me a cool bracelet  anyway  when I  couldn't  fight here?I took my phone and went online to see if I could find anything on a snake bracelet. Nothing.

" Roxy you can enter the shower now." Charlotte shouted and she came out.

I needed to do more research and I was pretty  sure there were  a  couple of  libraries in Swellview. Charlotte came in with a towel. But Swellview was  a small town so...

"Charlotte,is there a library in Swellview?"I  asked  her. She seemed  shocked  that I asked about a library.

"Yeah Swellview library." She answered.

"Could we go there? Like after school?"

"Yeah. What are you looking for in the library?" She asked  incredulously.

"Some history books."

"Wow it's amazing that you want to take your studies seriously."She said, smiling.

I took my towel and headed to the shower. " Yeah,it is amazing." I said with a fake smile.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I would have loved to transform my nose as we entered the library but I wouldn't want to be sneezing every two seconds. As soon as we entered, I went straight to work. I first went to snakes. I didn't find anything.

I went on to bracelet then the Ziabali tribe. There was a lot of books that were lost on the shelves. By the time it reached five p.m, I was exhausted of looking into books.

"Have you found what you were looking for?"

"No." I said  exasperatedly. Then I heard something calling to me. I started following the mysterious voice I was hearing.

"Where are you going now?"

"I'm coming." I assured her.

As I walked through the library again, I had to see what was calling my name. The bracelet's eyes were glowing black so it had to be about the bracelet. I arrived at a part of this big library in which no one was in it.The books and bookshelves around me were so dusty till I sneezed and I wasn't using my tiger nose.

At the end of the bookshelf I saw another book glowing black. I took it and it read words in Ziabali language: The curse of the Ziabali Snake bracelet. I flipped the pages and saw the bracelet. For some reason it was longer in the picture. It seemed like I only had a half of the bracelet. I looked around before pulling my sleeve up.

No one had seen the bracelet ever since I came to Swellview. I had always worn long sleeved shirts. I also had to cover up my 'tattoo'.The book said the bracelet had multiple powers like blue eyes meant telekinesis, red eyes meant I could figure out someone's true identity or any serious secret they're hiding, in short removing any  magical glamours.Green eyes meant whip, yellow eyes meant bow and arrow and the rest of the words seemed to have faded away.

I turned to the next pages that were almost black and they zapped me. I took my hand away from the book. I looked at my hands. I was still feeling pain. I just felt like electricity entered me. The snake bracelet hissed? I thought it wasn't alive. I looked at the bracelet which had it's tongue out and I closed the book and put it back on the shelf. Once I had closed the book the bracelet went back to normal. Weird? I ran to Charlotte who was borrowing a book. She looked at me weirdly. How did I look?

"Are you okay? Found what you were looking for?" She asked.

"Yes." I  said, feeling  jittery. The zap should  heal in a bit. I felt like someone was watching me but I bet I was feeling like that because of the bracelet. I couldn't transform into my tiger features. As I walked behind Charlotte I had so many questions. Which powers did the bracelet have? Was it a real snake? Who had the other half? And why did the elder give it to me?

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~< Roxella........ Roxella.......... Roxella........ I heard whispers in my head.I then heard distant laughing. Someone kept on whispering my name and laughing since yesterday at the library. It was causing me a headache which I didn't usually get. And I was at school!! I rubbed my fingers against my temples. Roxella..... Roxella......

"Roxy are you okay?"

"What?" I snapped  my head to the direction  of the voice. Daniel.

"I asked you if you're okay?" He asked me slowly. The guy thought since we went on one date we were dating or something. I didn't like him. At all. I  found  it suspicious  that he was always  around  me. I didn't like it.  He's  new in school so why did  he decide to talk to  me? But I found  it impossible  to believe that he knew what I was or even  an idea anyway.

"I'm fine. Don't worry." I told him.

"Can I walk you to class?"

You got to be kidding." Some other time Daniel." He frowned and left. He is so lucky I'm being nice to him. I feel like shouting at him to leave me alone. I frowned as I looked back at my locker.

"You're sure you're okay?"

I looked up to see Henry looking down on me. Apparently he's taller than me. I wondered  why I had noticed  it earlier. Why was he talking to me? Didn't I just kick this guy's butt two days ago?

"Henry, leave me alone." I said  as I looked  at my locker.

"I'm not going to  because I'm your friend. So that means I'm gonna follow you till you tell me."I looked at  him, his brown eyes with a determined look.

"What's the point? I bet you don't know the solution to it and it would probably freak you out." I sighed. Please  give up, I thought.

"Roxy, I'm your friend. You have to tell me. Plus I've seen weird things." I looked at him. I didn't know  what he meant  by weird things but he seemed  pretty  sure about it.  Then I  reminded  myself  he was Kid Danger  so he had fought weird  criminals. I also realized he wasn't going to drop it so I decided to tell him. He might have the solution, I hoped.

"Ever since yesterday, I've  been hearing someone whispering my name in my head and I don't know who he is but it's giving me a headache." I said.  I expected  him to  freak  out and  run but apparently he was....thinking about it.

After a few minutes he said, "I don't the answer but I know a person who may know the answer. Thank you for telling me."I quickly  pulled him by his collar of his shirt so his face can be same level as mine.

"You better not tell anyone or  mention my name to this person. Got it?" I threatened.

"Yes, I got it."He said with no fear at all. I tried  my best not to  show the surprise  on my face.