Chapter 19: What are friends for

Henry's POV
"We might have a problem." I told Ray.

"Which one?" He asked as he continued to stare at the screen as he keenly watched Dog Judge.

"Remember Roxy?"

"Mmh yeah." He said as he took a sip of water.

"So she has this strong sense of smell and I'm pretty sure our uniforms don't hide scent so she might figure out I'm Kid Danger."

"What do you mean by strong sense of smell?" Ray asked now looking at me.

"Um........" I wasn't going to tell him what she was because I was pretty sure she would hate me, that's if she does figure it out. Sarcastic Roxy meant Roxy was back full force and I wondered if she remembered she kissed me. My fingers grazed my lower jaw. I could  still  feel  her lips.

"She's a shape shifter." Jasper babbled and I gasped.

"Jasper!" Then I whispered to him, " I don't think Roxy would like that."

"She's a what?" Ray asked excitedly spluttering water on the table and himself.

"A...." I groaned," shape shifter. She can only shift to a tiger."

"Seriously! I want to see her!" He said happily like a five year old.

"You will see her, but we weren't supposed to tell you about her so when you do you shut up."

"When is she coming?" Ray asked as he ran to check the security cameras in Junk n' Stuff. I shook my head. Roxy was not going to like this.

Roxy's POV
Charlotte opened the door and immediatly I started to sneeze. This place was full of dust blocking me to smell anything else." Do you clean this place?"I  asked.

"Yeah we do."

"I  doubt." And I quickly changed my nose back and I stopped sneezing. I got off the steps." So this is where you work, a junk shop? I thought you were smarter than that."

"I'm...." Henry and Jasper appeared from the backroom with another adult. He was looking at me..... excitedly?

"You work with duffus and bubble brain here?" I laughed sarcastically as I pointed at Henry and Jasper and she frowned.

"Hey Roxy." Henry said then frowned quickly." By the way bubble brain is not my name." He scowled and I smirked.

"But it fits so much better than your original name."I  said with  fake happiness.

He rolled his eyes and said," Roxy I want you to meet our boss, Ray. Ray this is Roxy." He gave me his hand and I shook it.

"Wait..... you're Ray? These guys talk about you all the time!" I said with feigned excitement.

"Seriously?" I saw his face lit up.

"No!" I smiled and laughed as I continued to look around the place for anything that interested me. A thought came to my mind, maybe this was Captain Man but I couldn't get a scent off him with all this dust and I had never been close to the superhero either.

"Can we talk?" Jasper asked me. I was kinda surprised because he looked so serious.

"Um...okay." I followed him to the back of the room where I found brooms and mops that seem like they never been touched. I could feel Henry's glare as we walked out of the store.

"I wanted to thank you for saving me from you- know- who." He said  with a sad expression.

"Jasper, it was nothing. You might be stupid but you're my friend so you don't need to thank me." I watched as Jasper's eyebrows furrowed when l called him stupid but he said,

"I got you something. I hope you'll like it." I didn't want him to get me anything but I hoped it wasn't a bucket.

"Jasper you don't have to......." He pulled out a black beaded necklace that had a wood carving of Africa in the middle which was black and it had a metal carving of a tiger on top of Africa. It was beautiful." How did you.... where did you........ I love it!" I said a bit too loud.

"I told my uncle to make it. He lives in Ohio and he's good with such stuff."

"Thank you so much." I said as I put it on. Jasper was watching my every single move. "I hope you're not expecting a hug." He nodded no." But seriously, thank you." When we got out of the back, Henry was glaring at Jasper and Ray and Charlotte were giving us smirks. I rolled my eyes. What were they expecting?

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I didn't want to be in school. I wanted to be out running searching for the tiger warrior." Do I have to be here?" I grumbled as I rummaged through my locker.

"You have to be here. School's a normal thing." Henry answered and actually smirked. I frowned more and started to leave with the books I had.
"Roxy, wait." I turned around slowly.

"Yes." I said  slowly.

"Um ....." He looked like he was going to ask question and I hoped it wasn't about what happened a week ago. I shouldn't have kissed him." How many languages can you speak?"

"Why are you asking?" I challenged him.

"Just curious."

"Well I know that's not the reason and that's not the question you wanted to ask so, see you in class." I started to walk away.

"How....how did you know?"

"Your heart  was pumping really fast which meant you were lying." I said in an obvious tone and I walked away quickly.

"Hey, stop doing that!" He shouted after me.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I heard people screaming and cheering. Henry made me promise I would stop using my super senses unless I was in danger. I didn't like the promise but I guess it wouldn't be fair that I could see, smell, hear and taste better than everyone can. I ran towards the crowd. There's was no way through so I cleared my throat and some people moved. I found Henry and the duffus Mitch Bilsky fighting. Both were already bleeding in different places.

"Finally! I wondered where you were." Jasper said as he approached me.

"How long has this been going for."

"Fifteen to twenty minutes. And Henry's losing." He said.

"Yeah I can see." I went to the center of the basketball court." Hey!" I shouted. They both stopped fighting and both were smirking obviously for different reasons.

"Oh, isn't it the crybaby. What do you want?" Mitch taunted me.

"To put your butt in the dirt." Mitch laughed and so did his friends. I walked up to Henry." Are you okay?"

"Never been better." He said sarcastically.

"Don't make me hit you too. Let me take care of him."

"By yourself? No."

"What? Do I have to carry you away?" I looked at him to see if he was serious. Guess what? He was.

"You can't do that if everyone is here." I groaned. " We're fighting together." I groaned more.

"Are you two done kissing because....." I swung a punch before he could even finish. The crowd cheered which made Mitch angry. He came running towards like a bull but we both jumped out of the way. I went to kick him in the gut. Henry added a few punches. He tried to get up but I punched him again.  I continued to punch him, payback for what he did the other day till Henry pulled me away.

"Ms. Shapen' s coming." He said as we ran back to the school building.

"I wasn't done yet." I complained. I was loving the adrenaline of punching  someone.

"Well detention isn't something to look forward to plus Charlotte isn't going to be happy." He said.

"Who cares about her happiness?" I asked and Henry smiled. It was just another normal day at school.