XLII. Nudge

"YAH!"

I jumped as I heard a shout near my ear, I turned to glare at the perpetrator.

"That hurt you dumb*ss!" I hissed, he just rolled his eyes at me.

"You've been out of it since you watched their game." He said as he held the both of my arms to stop me from walking and to make me face him.

"What happened? Did they-"

"It's nothing, It's just that Tetsu's team didn't make it and I'm pretty sure that game brought him and his friends down." I said cutting him off, he stared at me for a moment before sighing and then we continued walking as silence commenced.

"This will be a hard wall for them to pass by." I worriedly said as I look up at the Orange-ish, Pink-ish sky with a hint of purple on it.

I heard a snort from beside me.

"If they lost it just meant that they aren't good enough, Tss Mada Mada." I turned to look at him.

"How does it feel to badly lose to someone you used to play with and treasured?" I asked, He glanced at me then shrugged.

"It's different in tennis, And you know that. Even a team mate can be your match." He blankly said as he cross his hands behind his head.

I sighed.

'He's right.'

"But just like how I always go after the damn old man of mine, I may lose a countless number of times, but a single win will always be a win." He said, I stopped on my tracks, watching him continue in front of me.

This is why I went to him after the experience with The Miracles.

I grinned as I ran towards him.

"Ryo catch!" As I yelled that I jumped on his back, I chuckled as he struggle before coming upright with me being carried on his back.

"That— I almost fell! do you kniw how heavy you are, This is why I kept on telling you to stop eating thos— Ouch! Yah!" I just cackled as I pull his hair, cutting of his words.

"You don't say that to a girl! And so what If i love eating those sweets?! are you too weak to not be able to carry me?!" He harrumphed as he rolled his eyes at me, yet he fixed the way he carries me as he pick up his bag that fell and hand it to me before putting both his hands under my legs.

"You're so noisy." He said before he continued walking with me on his back,  I just grinned as i chuckle.

We passed by a Basketball court only for me to stop on my tracks.

in there, were a few kids laughing around, messing around as they play, no competition at all, only pure basketball.

I sighed... If only it were all that easy to go back in time.

"Yu-chan?" I snapped out of my thoughts at the call and turned.

"Aida -Nee? Seirin?" I asked as I saw him with some of the Seirin basketball team members behind her...

Well, Minus the Duo.

"Oh! It's Yu-Chan!" The one with the cat like face said with a smile, I smiled back.