LVIII. Holy shiitake mushrooms

All our eyes are now on the players, who are evidently already very exhausted.

then it happened.

"The balance is broken!" Junpei-Kun said.

"This is Kaijo's chance!" Izumi followed through.

A chance... yeah a chance, but will Daiki let this chance deter him? Nah. Never.

"This is where the game will be decided, If they make this shot, they'll only be two three's behind, It'll boost the team's morale, If they miss, they'll have to reach their limit," Teppei-Kun said.

There's only a minute left and Too's still on the lead.

 "In other words, practically speaking... this is both of the team's last chance," I said.

We intently watched as Kise decides on how to outsmart Daiki and when he had already decided,  I suddenly felt a shiver down my spine, I turned to look at Tetsu, who had also turned to me, then we both turned to look at the 2 Miracles on the court.

That feeling, could it be...

Then I saw Kise's captain running to them, and saw Daiki's surprised expression upon seeing the captain, Kise was already about to pass the ball but then Daiki did one of his unnatural moves and was able to block the ball, I let out a sigh as I continued to stare back and forth between Daiki and Kise.

"He stopped the shot?" Tetsu's cat-like Senpai asked in amazement.

"They lost their only chance," Junpei-kun said.

"But it was all too fast, how could he have reacted that fast?" Oishi Senpai asked.

"Either it was a spur in a moment thing or Daiki had read Kise's plan all along," I said.

"plus, Seeing as how the 2 Aces were at it, Passing seems like the most surprising move, It's also something Daiki will never do and the most easily predicted move for Daiki are the things that he doesn't do," I continued as I watch how shocked Kise is, looks like Daiki was also telling him how he did it.

"things that he doesn't do...?" Inui Senpai asked, I nodded.

"Daiki's style of plays isn't for team plays," I said then turned to the Seigaku team and also the Seirin team who are also listening in to my explanation.

"So, does Passing the ball rather than shooting part of Daiki's things to do?" I finished off with that question, then I saw the captain walking into Kise.

He'll be fine, he's hurt but it will be fine... He's in a good team.

I watched as Kaijo continued the game with their will, knowing how hard it will be to turn the tables on their side.

and that made me smile as I watch Kise run to stop Daiki, I stood up then, which caught the attention of the Seigaku team, I smiled at them.

"I'll meet you at the restaurant, that's fine right?" I asked the last part, to our surprisingly silent Couch, who never spoke out all throughout the game.

I heard the whistle, that signals the end of the game but didn't turn, rather I walked out of the Isle, then handed the jacket to Ryoma.

"Order for me If I happen to be a bit late, okay?" I asked, I saw how he was about to say something then sighed and just nodded, making me smile.

"Thanks, tell them I went ahead too." I nodded towards the Seirin team before walking away.

I stopped by the door when the referee called for the players and saw how Kise couldn't stand up, I shook my head and was already about to continue walking out when everyone suddenly silenced, I turned and saw Kise punching the ground.