Murder in the City - Part 2

(Img src: Zerochan/Nero)

Town Algade, Moniyan Empire
Same night

Alucard: "We heard the scream, ran outside and saw the victim, hung by his neck, with a sword stabbed to its chest. I don't think it's a coincidence this took place in the town square during the dinner rush. Someone wanted this to be seen."

Natalia: "Ah yes. But that just raises a bigger question."

Alucard: "Oh and what's that?"

Natalia: "Why do you even CARE!?"

Alucard: "I am sorry, are you asking me why I care that a man was killed?"

Natalia: "No, I am asking why YOU care that a man was killed."

Alucard: "Forgive me but I don't follow."

Natalia: "Well let's see. Most people would, charitably, refer to you as the crown prince of douchebags, long may he reign. Your usual reaction to suffering is to pull up a chair and crack out the popcorn. What's your angle?"

Alucard: "Natalia! I am so shocked and appalled that that is your opinion of me! All I want to see is justice served and to bring that poor girl some closure."

Natalia: "Really? You care that much huh? What's her name?"

Alucard: "I am sorry, what?"

Natalia: "The girl's name. What was it?"

Alucard: "Well, um, y-you know, its,um...stah..dah...Starts with an 'A'..."

Natalia: "Y..."

Alucard: "Right, 'Y', of course! That's close. I mean they are basically neighbors. *Laughing* You can understand my mistake."

Natalia: "Of course."

Alucard: "It's uh... Yo...Yo...Yo... Ya...Yoooooga pants?"

Natalia: "Yolko!"

Alucard: "Okay, fine! God! I just wanted to prove I was right! There is no way that guy is really dead. There is something else going on and I am gonna prove it."

Natalia: "Wow. How noble of you. And you were just going to bang her."

Alucard: "Bang her? What do you mean?"

Natalia: "Don't act innocent. What were you saying to Yolko near her apartment?"

Alucard: "Is that what you call bang? I was just consoling her so she could let me stay at her house, until the smell of those weird plants is gone. I don't want Ezria to worry even more, you know."

Natalia: 'How can this guy be so crafty and so innocent at same the time?'

Alucard: "So what's the plan?"

Natalia: "First, we should appraise the sword. Any recommendation?"

Alucard: "There is a axe wielder who runs a general store here, we can ask him."

Natalia: "Oh Theo right? Okay Gotcha buddy."

------------------------------------------

Arriving before the shop, Alucard opens the door and steps in the shop.

Alucard: "Hey, Thunder lion! How's it hanging?"

Theo: "Alucard? Well, if it isn't my least favourite customer."

Alucard: "Aw, you just say that because I'm not dumb enough to buy any of your crap."

Theo: "No, I say that because you bring the most repulsive disemboweled corpses of monsters to sell...."