Chronicles - 5) Trial

(img src: deviantart/kagaminoyumi)

Fanny's PoV

Soaring through the sky, I soon reached the lightborn capital. At the gate of this mighty city, there was knight waiting for my welcome. He was the one who ordered me to come back from my scouting, as the event is of that much importance. His name is, Percival Ragnelf.

As I descend before him, he gave off a sigh.
"What's with the sigh? Am I late?"

"No, it's just out of 4 people I called, only one came."

"Who are others?"

"Granger, Ruby and Roger."

"I can understand about Granger and Roger, they don't care. But aren't Ruby and Alucard a couple?"

"They aren't. Who said you that?"

"Their behavior around each other, even a child would understand. Not everyone is an idiot like you."

"Me an idiot? Sorry, but I don't like poking my nose into other affairs. They said they are not a couple, then why should I care if they like each other or not."

"It's called 'reading the mood' not-"
I suddenly saw a huge crowd around the notice board.

"Hm? Is something wrong-"

"shh, dont talk, just listen"

I whispered slowly.

Notice board generally has reports, articles, etc by the Monarchy. They contain important information about the current status of the Empire.
Currently we are in a war against Necrokeep.

But this crowd must be gathered due to recent events going on. I must hear it.

As we become silent, we start to hear various conversation going around the crowd.
One of the man in the crowd reads the current report.

Commoner1: "The demon queen Alice has been resurrected. She, with blood axe orcs, attacked the elvan kingdom. But the Assist mission of elves has been successful to defeat the blood demons and evacuate the remaining elves."

Commoner2: "Are they joking!? Defeat the demon queen, that's impossible!! Only our prince can do it!"

Commoner3: "Of course they are all lies!! This is royal propaganda. They are spreading lies to keep commoners like us in dark."

Commoner1: "Without our prince, we can never win against abyss. That's why tragedy happened. Arent we losing against Necrokeep now?"

Someone: "TERRIBLE NEW FROM THE TRADERS!!"

Commoner1: "The Trader association? Can we believe the information that isn't certified by monarchy?"

Commoner2: "And why should I believe Monarchy's information correct?"

Commoner4: "H-hey, what the hell does that means?"

Commoner1: "What's written in it?"

Commoner4: "It says, it was the demon handed criminal who carried out the rescue mission."

Commoner3: "What, Alucard the criminal of tragedy? He defeated Alice?"

Commoner2: "Yes, I have heard that he was the one who ended the tragedy by killing the main villain."