Chronicles - 1) Chronowizard

(Img src: Instagram\apolunee)

September 29, Year X747
Moniyan Hospital Ward

Harith's PoV

The forest was burning. Embers of fire, flying everywhere. I was running away, from the screams and laughs of demonic creatures, pursuing me. Soon, those wretched creatures surrounded me. It was the end for me, but I didn't lose hope.
I remembered my grandpa's words - 'Moniyan, moniyan empire is our hope. I must reach Moniyan, to rescue my clan. Moniyan empire will help me, to save my family.'

Demons pounced on me, pushing me on the ground. But when I fell, I felt that the ground was soft. The hand on my forehead was gentle, unlike the painful claws that of a demon. As I opened my eyes, I was greeted by a beautiful lady, with a sweet smile on her face.

"Oh you're awake. Looks like you saw a nightmare."

------------------------------------------

"And after that, when I opened my eyes, I was here."
I told them the whole story.

They were the members of the Imperial chivalric order- Captain Tigreal and Percival. Beside me was angel Rafaela, the one who healed me.

Percival: "This is bad captain. First the phantom knight and now Shadowbringers. Winning this war seems more and more difficult."

Tigreal: "Percival, we are here to help him, not to discuss about the war."

"War?"

Tigreal: "Don't you worry about that, little leonin. Tell me your name."

"Harith."

Tigreal: "So Harith, what's with the keys on your waist?"

"Grandpa gave me these, and told me to use them wisely."

Tigreal: "Use them?"

"Yeah, they are used for-"

A sudden headache. I can't remember. What's are these keys used for???
I tried to remember, but the more I tried, the more my head ached.

But the pain suddenly stopped as a hand patted my head.

Tigreal: "Don't force yourself."

He said as he patted me more and gave me a gentle smile.
I don't know why, but his aura, it's radiant and soothing. All the disorder of emotions in my mind settled down after witnessing his aura.

Tigreal: "Rafaela, is he healed enough to walk?"

Rafaela: "Yes, he is totally healed up. I exterminated all the poison from his body."

"Are we going somewhere?"

Tigreal: "Yes, to one of the most holy places in Land of dawn, the Temple of Light. I have some work there, but you should come with us to pray Lord of light for the safety of your clan."

My clan. The possibility of my clan being alive is very low. But I can't lose hope like this, I should pray.

"Okay."

------------------------------------------

Tigreal's PoV

As I left the room, I was greeted by a persistent stare of Percival.

"What it is?" I asked.

Percival: "Pray for safety of his clan? Captain, are you planning to help that leonin?"

"Of course. He came to us with hope, I cannot crush it."

"Captain, may I remind you that one third of our army has been wiped out in the last raid. We need rest of the army to defend the empire. No personnel of ours is available to rescue those Leonins."