Side Story - 2) The City of Scholars

(img src:instagram/elwi_eljae)

It was another fine day in city of scholars, also known as Eruditio.
But on one of its streets, there was a certain young boy who had a anger fuming on his face.

He was Bruno, and the reason for his anger was the Theif king.

"Calm down, Bruno. Don't be so mad."
A young elf beside her tried to console him.

"How can I not be!? Under all the security, he escaped the prison and stole the device! And Now Dr. Rooney is saying he personally wanted to gave him the device but it was more fun to have it stolen. Why?!"

"Yes, yes. Now forget all of it. It wasn't you're fault. Oh look!"

The two of them observed a young miss soaring through the sky.

"Hey Fanny!! Woo-hoo!!"

Noticing the two, she decended beside them.

Fanny: "Hello, Bruno and Lolita."

Bruno: "It's been so much while we last met, so how is everything going?"

Fanny: "Actually, not good. After we lost to Necrokeep, our army was greatly weakened. Hence the work, of chivalric order increased by many folds."

Lolita: "That looks rough."

Bruno: "So, how come here? "

Fanny: "Not much, I needed to make some changes in vertical maneuvering equipment."

Bruno: "That's the name of your equipment? It's sure is long. But still, You sure achieved you dream of flying, Ms. Blades of Freedom."

With a sweet smile she said,
Fanny: "Thank you for you're compliment, Protector of Antoinerei."

The football player gave a huge grin in return.

Fanny: "Oh, I just remembered, what happened about the renowned Thief king? Didn't you captured him?"

The smile quickly disappear on the boy face, and it was replaced with anger.

Lolita: "Let's not talk about it."

Noticing the uneasiness, Fanny decided to change the topic.

Fanny: "Oh, looks like that cafe is quite popular."

She said as she looked towards a large amount of people bustling inside the cafe.

Bruno: "I heard since Layla started working there, the cafe has gotten very popular ."

Lolita: "Then it must be her charm that attracts the customers."

Fanny looks inside the cafe through glass window, she saw Layla serving to various customers with drinks and coffee. Noticing the people staring at her clevage as she was served them, Fanny agreed to Lolita's statement.

Fanny: "Yes, it's her *charm* that attracts customers."

Bruno understanding the alternate meaning of the sentence tried to change the subject.