Pleasure Quarter - 3) Run Alucard!

(img src: instagram/im.nanala)

August 18, Year X741
Pleasure Quarter, Lumina city.
12:30 am

Leaving Hetaira in my dust, I make a break for the pleasure quarter.

"After him!"
"Don't let him escape!"

I hear them yelling. Judging by the number of voices, around twenty or more Amazons are after me.

Magic-stone lamps zip by my line of vision as I tear through the backstreet. Men and women hug the walls, their eyes wide open as they see us coming. I still don't know where to go, so I run in a random pattern in an attempt to lose them. I turn round a corner, another corner, another turn.

Looks like the zigzag movement is paying off, I don't hear the Amazons anymore.

Mnesarete: "Ara Ara!"

Except for her. Coming from the roof, she jumps down before me.

Mnesarete: "Well aren't you a nimble one? Can't say I dislike lively boys!"

She charges, the space between us disappearing in an instant. Her fist comes straight to my face.

Duck!

Barely managed to dodge her hit with my instincts, my feet stumble backward in the sudden gust of wind generated by that near-miss. Soon I see a merciless follow up attack coming my way. Again, barely managing to jump to side, her fist takes a chunk out of the wall of the brothel behind me.

This speed, this power...! I don't think I could even take her on at my full strength!

With continuous blows after blows, she drives me back farther and farther, until finally getting ahold of my collar.

Mneasarete: "Gotcha."

Alucard: "Shi-ehhhhht!!"

She swings my body up in a full arc and slams me down back-first onto the ground. A burst of pain shoots through every bone in my body.

Agonizing all over, I raise my head to see Mnesarete looming over me. The sweet smile on her long lips is so horrid that I forget to breathe.

Mnesarete: "Now be a good boy and listen to your mommy."

Saying that, she starts to unzip her bra-

"""LIKE WE'LL LET YOU!"""

The other ladies, no the other Amazons have arrived. Three of them slam feetfirst into Mnesarete, slamming her into the wall. But without a scratch, she knocks all three of them across the street with a single flick of her arm.

Lily: "Keep that bitch busy!"

More Amazon appear, raining down on her. A flurry of kicks and punches launched at her, but she counters each one of it. She is truly a monster.

Move!

My instincts forced my body off the ground, as another Amazon drops down overhead. Escaping her trap by mere luck, I dart away.

Eina: "Ah, he got away!"

Lily: "I don't mind if he escapes. Just don't let Mnesarete have him!"

Now they have split up, one group engaging Mnesarete and the rest after me. My lungs are on fire, but there's no time to breathe.

Several male customers on the street ahead of me turn in to another street or take cover to avoid trouble as I race down the long alleyway.

Lily: "You're not going anywhere."