Side story -3) Mission of Shadow swamp

(img src: instagram/sairz.art)

August 12 Year X740,
Demon Hunter Guild, Crimson lot

Kicking open the doors of the guild hall, a young demon hunter walks in. At the other end of the hall sat a beautiful lady, who was busy in her paperwork, until the loud noise startled her. She was Ezria Esdeath, the leader of the strongest militia of Monastery of light - the Demon Hunter clan.

"Captain you called me?" the young demon hunter asks.

Ezria: "Yes, but please learn some manners first."

Alucard: "Meh."

Ezria: *slaps Alucard*

Alucard: *tearing up* "I am sorry."

Ezria: "That's like a good boy. Well, I called you for a mission."

Alucard: *excited* "Is it a demon hunting mission?! I will kill all the demons!"

"Hate to disappoint your excitement, but it's not a mission for killing demons."

"Well then, I am not doing it, give it to Natalia."

Saying that, the young demon hunter headed towards the door. But he stopped as he felt a sharp pain in his ear.

"Aren't you cocky?" She said while pulling his ear more.

"Ow! OW! OW!!! Stop! I will do it!!"

As Alucard agreed, Ezria released his ear which was turned red due to the pain.

"Good"

"Also, stop it. Are you a sadist who gains happiness from harassing young children?"

"Harassing? It's called teaching, prince of douchebag."

"Whoever is spreading those rumors, I am gonna kill him."

"Do it after completing the mission."

Ezria says as she starts to do her paperwork again.

"Why am I doing Natalia's job?"

"Oh yes, you don't know. Well you see, She failed in a recent assassination mission, which caused her whole team to meet with unprecedented deadth. She managed to escape death, with Tigreal's help."

"Neat."

"Since it was severe blow to her 'pride', she exiled somewhere far to train herself by taking more dangerous missions. That's what I have heard."

"So where is she now?"

"Hm? How would I know?"

"Captain, stop it. Don't try to hide, just tell me where she is."

"Oh? Are you worried about her?"

"Yes, I am worried that she will get stronger than me."

"When will you grow up? Well if I recall, she said she was going to join some ranger squad located at the foothill of the Lantis mountains. She wanted to learn some dash skills from them."

"Ok, I am going there."

"First complete the mission."

"Tch, fine. What's the mission?"

With a smile on her face, Ezria started to explain the mission.

"We recently noticed a strong surge of Moonlight power in the Shadow swamp."

"Dosen't Dark elves reside at shadow swamp? How could moonlight power be there? This is weird."

"Yes it is. Hence your mission is to investigate it."