Chronowizard- 2)Return to the Royal Capital

(Img src: deviantart/Kristina1224)

September 25, Year X748
Lumina City, Moniyan Empire

Lining up under open air, the main street was giving off a feeling of being as busy as ever. A tide of people ebbing in and out with a great vigour not inferior to last time Harith saw it. A great variety of races mixed in, the hair styles were all eccentric, appearances overflowing with brilliant colours.

Harith: "Say Miss Eudora, I know there are a lot of reasons but, could we stop doing this?"

He proposed nervously, what he was referring to, was their hand firmly grasped together as they walked along.

Eudora: "No. If I leave my eyes off you, you're definitely going off and do something ridiculous again.While we're in capital, I absolutely won't let you act on your own. Understand?"

Harith: "But this is making me nervous, we seem like a parent and a child! It wouldn't have been problem if it was Chang'e I was holding hands with..."

Eudora: "Sorry to disappoint you're expectations for a date, but I cannot leave two children going out in such a massive city full of dangers."

Harith: "Still..."

Eudora: "Well moving on from that, can you remember where the store you were talking about is now?"

Harith: "Yeah..uh..I think we're supposed to take a right here, probably."

Gazing at the crowd, Harith tried to shake his memory awake. Honestly, just from passing by familiar looking scenery he more or less had a grasp, although he couldn't say with conviction.

Following his memory as they approached near the store, the unclear memories Harith was fumbling with became clearer. The store's entrance was plain and weathered by years, with no distinguishing features to draw the eye it was buried in the throng of the people. However there was one part that stuck out among the bustle, painted with striking colours the signboard appeared to have been redone with an extremely fresh layer of paint, written 'Theoden' on it.

Harith: "Safe and sound, we've arrived"

Eudora: "Here?"

Harith: "Yeah. Woah, this is way more emotional for me than I thought."

Barely managing to reach the store after so much difficulty, Harith noded and responded to Eudora's quite comment.

Sticking their faces through the entrance, the two noticed the shopkeeper working busily inside. Turning his head, the man looked over at them. Seeing his face, Eudora squeezed Harith's hand a little bit harder.

Harith smiled at her mentor's easy to understand reaction. It was unavoidable, anyone who see his face will be on edge. A long scar that reached all the way to his chin, along with his bulky and muscular build it was hard to picture him as being involved in any sort of respectable line of business.

Harith: "Don't worry Miss Eudora, even though he sounds pretty rough, he's actually very nice guy who'll end up looking after strangers unintentionally"

Theo: "Welcome!"

Deeming the pair as customers, the shopkeeper raised a shout and turned his delinquent looking face to them with a smile.

"Hey big guy, remember me?" Harith asked with anxiety and expectation.

The shopkeeper was surprised by Harith's words, eyes narrowing as he stared at him, searching his memories. Peered at by deep dark brown pupils, Harith felt almost like he was being drawn in while he waited silently for his reply. Tightening up, Harith's tension was passed on to Eudora through his hand, swallowing her saliva she looked on at what these two would do next.