New Sword - 1) Lyssra

(Img src: SumikoMak)

September 21, Year X739
Town Indus, Moniyan Empire

The silence of the dawn was disturbed by grinding noise coming from an armory shop. Inside a young blacksmith sharpened a metal claw against spinning grindstone.

Lyssra: "Aaaaand... perfect."

The dulled sheen of the claw was soon turned back into it previous golden gleam. Finished, blacksmith gives the honed claw to a hooded lady waiting behind.

Natalia: "Thanks Lys! Your work is superb as always. I don't know why you aren't popular in market."

Lyssra: "Because I refuse to give my holy creations to shitty mongrels who can't even at least kill a demigod."

Natalia: *whispering to herself* "Ah right. Knew it was something."

Lyssra: "Hm?"

Natalia: "I was saying, can't you do something about your superiority complex?"

Lyssra: "But I am superior. My weapons are highest graded in Moniyan."

Natalia: "Yeah your right.."

Giving up, Natalia removes her hood to take in the fresh air.

The blacksmith closely looks at her. She was wearing the same old assassin's cloak of white with blue vest, but her boots looked shiny and new, and there were small silver earrings sparkling in her ears.

Lyssra: "Hmmmm? What's this? Since when do you wear earrings?"

Natalia : "Oh god. Where are you going with this?"

Lyssra: "No wonder you've been so cheerful lately. You've finally found a boyfriend."

Natalia : "I am telling you, for the first and last time, you're totally wrong."

Lyssra: "Then why is your face getting all red?"

Natalia: *quickly looks away*

Lyssra: "Ohhh~ So have you two kissed? Feel each other up? Gave head? Or already-"

Natalia: "NO!"

Lyssra: "Okay, I'll stop. But bring him here next time okay? I'll give you two a couple's discount."

Natalia: "I would rather not. He is kinda strange, you can't tolerate him."

Lyssra: "You're just giving excuses now."

Natalia: "Don't believe me then. I am leaving."

Lyssra: "Hey don't be like that now!"

Natalia places five gold coins on the table and darts out of the shop, fleeing the scene. Lyssra heaves a sigh and returns to the room behind the counter. Lying down on her bed, a word escapes from her lips.

Lyssra: "....lucky."

Having someone who loves you selflessly, only few people have that. Thats why she was jealous of Natalia. For Lyssra, the Armory store meant everything for her. She can never leave this place and hence, she can never find that special someone for her.

Lyssra: "I shouldn't be negative! Leave my shop? No need to do that! I mean, I meet so many nice people right here!"

"Hello? Is anyone here?! Can I get some goddamn service?!"
A voice shouts from the counter.

Lyssra: "See? I'm making new friends already."

Angry voice: "You have exactly 10 seconds before I burn this place to the ground! 1...! 2...!"