Pleasure Quarter - 5) Hetaira

(Img src: Instagram/ star_dbook)

August 18, Year X741
Natalia's Home, Lumina City
6:00 am

Alucard PoV

Natalia: "Here."

She says, handing me a sandwich for breakfast.

After escaping the pleasure quarter, I was exhausted, both emotionally and physically. Absentmindedly walking through the capital, I unknowingly arrive at her place.

Alucard: "Thanks Natalia. I thought you would super annoyed, seeing me first thing in morning."

Natalia: "I can't be angry after looking at that gloomy look on your face."

..She is really kind, isn't she? Now I feel like a dick taking advantage of her. I am the worst.

Natalia: "Tch, there you go again. Stop making that face and just tell me already what's bothering you."

Alucard: "...Yeah. Well last night, I went to pleasure quarter, following Fan-"

Natalia: "Pleasure Quarter?"

Her cold voice interrupts me. Hearing that word, her personality took a total 180° turn. Looking at me like I'm pile of trash, she says with scorn,

Natalia: "Oh, so you are depressed because you lost your virginity to some random bitch? That's really sad in it's own way, pathetic I might add."

Alucard: "N-n-no! Not at all!"

Natalia: "Well, you are guy after all. Must be your dream to plant your enchanting sword in their cave of wonders, battling with the fearsome dragon within."

Alucard: "You're misunderstanding- wait what's the Dragon in that metaphor?"

Natalia: "Chlamydia."

Alucard: "....."

Natalia: "....."

Alucard: "...I didn't do anything like that. Please believe me."

Natalia: "I don't care."

She says, aggressively eating her sandwich. I really shouldn't be asking a woman for advice on this sort of thing. Too late now, though. After a long awkward silence, I finally spoke up,

Alaucard: "Is there anything you can tell me about Hetaira?"

Natalia: "Now you're asking me details about the brothels!? Have you sold all of your shame?!"

Alucard: "No! Not about the brothels, I just a wanted a general info about the organization!"

She coldly glares at me for a few moments before letting out a light sigh.

Natalia: "Just wait a sec. I think I have the copy of the official records."

Alucard: "Thanks Natalia!"

Finally deciding on believing me, she gets up and take a file out of the shelf. Keeping it on the table, she thumbs through it as she speaks.

Natalia: "Hetaira, one of the highly influential clan which controls the Pleasure Quarter. It encompasses all of the third and the fourth district and owns every brothel in the area. Most of the members, i.e. 90 percent of all members are female. The income generated by them accounts for about 40 percent of the total city revenue.

A special group of female warriors, known as the Amazons, protect and maintain peace in the area. They are the main fighting force of Hetaira, with most of them at Legend III rank or higher. Mnesarete Granheirt is their captain, and a first class assassin at Mythic rank."