New Sword - 3) Sunlight Heart (Incomplete)

(Img Src: Zerochan/ Pixiv Id 9477)

April 22, Year X739
Megalith wasteland, Aurequaza's Lair

Lyssra PoV

As I awoke from my slumber, I found the stranger with the guarded heart, digging through the snow with solemn determination. His muscles glistening in the morning light. Deep within me stirred feelings I had not felt in many moons. It was at that moment that I learned... the Temperature of the Heart-

What am I doing?! Stop it! STOP IT!

Lyssra: "Sooooo, whatcha doin' buddy?"

Alucard: "Oh, well decided to play a hunch, and look what I found?"

From under the layers of the snow, Alucard lifts up a golden gleaming object. An object big enough to overflow both of his hands and very familiar to me - an ingot.

Lyssra: "Wait a minute. *snatching the ore from Alucard's hand* This is it! This is what we came for!"

Alucard: "...if my guess is correct, this shaft must be the dragon's nest."

Lyssra: "Hm? What?"

Alucard: "The dragon chews the roses and smelts them into the alloy in its belly... Ha-ha! Isn't that neat?"

Lyssra: "Would you fill me in already? I'm getting tired of your wordplay."

Alucard: "That's Dragon poop."

Lyssra: "P..."

I looked down at the ingot held tightly to my chest, my cheek twitching.

Lyssra: *screams in disgust* "Eugh!"

I tossed it back at Alucard.

Alucard: *catching th ingot* "Whoa! Relax woman. Now that we got what we wanted, let's get out of here."

Lyssra: "You recovered enough energy to climb again?"

Alucard: "Even better. Remember the dragon is nocturnal right?"

Lyssra: "Yes?"

Alucard: "Doesn't that mean it'll come back to the nest in the morning...?"

Lyssra: "..."

We stared at each other for a moment, then turned to look upward at the aperture of the pit. The very next instant - A black shadow bled into the white circle of light far, far above. It grew larger and larger. Within moments, I could make out two wings, a long tail, and four powerful limbs armed with claws.

Alucard: "Looks like our ride is here."

Lyssra: "Our WHAT?!"

Pulling me to his side, he hoisted me up over his shoulder.

Lyssra: "W-what are you- WHOA!"

'Pursuit'

The surroundings suddenly turned to a blur as a shock wave exploded around me. Closing in on the approaching Dragon, Alucard draws his sword and stabs him in his neck.

Alucard: "Top floor, going up!"

Screeching in pain, Aurequaza beat its wings and began rising with terrifying speed. Flying through the air, I could feel the sunlight reflecting off the ice walls getting lighter and lighter until - with an abrupt explosion of white, we were outside the hole.

As my eyes got adjusted to bright sunlight, I could see the entirety of Megalith Watseland laid out in front of me.

Directly below was the snowy mountain, a pristine cone. Farther away was the tiny village. Beyond the vast snowfield was a procession of large stone monoliths towering into clouds. Everything I saw glittered brightly in the light of the morning. For a moment, I forgot my fear and exclaimed in wonder.

Lyssra: "Wow!! It's so beautiful!!"

Alucard: "Ah, we got too high."

He kicks away and removes his sword stuck in Dragon's neck. Then tightening his grip around my side, we are sent spinning through the air.

The flight only lasted a few seconds, but it felt ten times that long. I think I was laughing. The overflowing light and wind cleansed my heart. My emotions were fit to burst.

Lyssra: "Thanks for everything, Alucard!!"

I hugged his neck and laughed wildly.

Alucard: "Sure, you're welcome."

Our miraculous moment came to an end as the ground approached. Alucard summoned his beast arm and used it to cushion the impact. As the snow shot upward, we have finally safely landed on the ground.

Alucard: "Whew. Finally out of that shithole."

Lyssra: "Yeah..."

We turned around to look at the massive hole, while the dragon circled overhead, having apparently lost sight of us. Aurequaza then gave a crisp, clear screech and descended back into the shaft. Silence returned.

Alucard: "Today's the day you'll always remember for being almost killed! Hahaha!"

There he goes talking nonsense again. But for some reason, my heart accepted his words as honest joy of making it back alive.

Lyssra: "Should we get going?"

Alucard: "Yes, let's go."