New Sword - 2) Aurequaza

(Img Src: Zerochan/Dante)

Gold Rose Meteor

The Golden Rose is a very special flower that blooms every hundred years on the highest peaks of Megalith wastelands. Grown on soil enriched with dense mana, the flowers never wilts.This makes it a favourite snack for the meteor dragon Aurequaza, who always feeds on it to near extinction.

It is believed that a peculiar metal ore is produced from golden rose, which has the ability to project force fields. This is the metal which Alucard and Lyssra have set to find.
________________

April 21, Year X739
Northern Mountains, Megalith Wastelands.

Lyssra's PoV

After climbing for almost an hour, we finally reached on the peak of the mountain. All around the icy summit were massive pillars of crystal jutted out from underneath piles of snow.

The serene moonlight refracted through these crystals to display a magnificent rainbow. I looked in awe at such a spectacular sight.

Lyssra: "This place is beautiful!"

Alucard: "Yes, yes. It's all very shiny. But we need to be very caref-"

Ignoring him, I walk towards the rainbow to get a closer look. But he pulls my collar from behind.

Lyssra: "Hey! what was that for?"

Alucard: "I'm sorry, but did you forget there is a Motherfcking Dragon here!? This is a demon boss territory Lyss! You can't just go running off ahead!"

Lyssra: "Y-You're right. I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking."

Alucard: "Greeeaaat. Now stay behind me, once the dragon comes out - hide behind one of those giant crystals. And don't come out."

Lyssra: "What?! Are you nuts?! You can't fight that thing alone! Let me help-"

Alucard: "JUST DO IT!!"

His blue pupils stared straight into me, and in that instant I understood that he was saying it for my sake. I held my breath and nodded.

Lyssra: "Okay, let's go."

I really don't get this guy. He is a douchebag for most of the time, but those pure caring eyes he makes once in a while... makes me feel so conflicted.

Walking behind him, we soon arrive in the center of the mountaintop. There was no dragon yet. Instead, there was an enormous hole, at least thirty feet across. The sides of the hole were made of glittering ice and they seemed to extend vertically into nothingness. It was too dark to see the bottom.

Alucard: "Wow, that's deep..."

He kicked a small piece of ice over the edge. I saw it flash as it fell into the abyss, but no sound came back.

Alucrad: "Don't fall in"

Lyss: "I'm not going to fall!"

I retorted. In the next instant, a screech rattled from behind, ripping through the air dyed in rainbow light.

Alucard: "Lyss, take cover now!"

Lyssra: "Uh, on it!"

Obeying his command, I hid behind a large nearby crystal. Soon a giant Dragon appeared from the direction we came from. Shimmering with golden radiance, Aurequaza looked even more beautiful than terrifying. Its large, ruby-like eyes glared down at us from above.

Alucard calmly drawed his sword and took a battle stance. As though that were the signal to begin, the dragon opened its jaws wide and unleashed a blast of white flames.