Pleasure Quarter - 1) The Night District

August 17, Year X741
Lumina city, Moniyan Empire.

The afternoon sun bathed the buildings in it's warm light. Looking up the signboard of his splendid new shop, Theo puts arm on his face, shedding a rare manly tear.

Theo: "I have come a long way since my father gave me that shitty store!"

Alucard: "Really? All I see is just you moving that shitty store from a town to a city."

Theo: "The Capital city. And in the shopping district no less. Do you know how much this place cost even with a 40% discount? Enough to loot me all out of my life saving."

Alucard: "Why the hell they give a shady man like you a 40% discount?"

Theo: "I gave them your coat."

Alucard: "Wha-? "

Theo: "I gave them your red coat. You know, the one you gave me as 'gift' because it stinked of demon blood."

Alucard: "Dude that coat was like 30 diamonds. No way you-"

Theo: "You don't know, but you have become a quite household name here, Alucard. Knights, adventurers, regular customers, everyone is talking about you."

Alucard: "Huh?"

Theo: "The little hunter who fought against nobles and won the light's festival, also the beast killer who killed the first great demonic beast, you don't realise but you are very famous in the capital right now."

Alucard: "So you're meaning to say me, you sold *my* coat to *my* crazy fans to get this trashdump?"

Theo: "What are calling trashdump you prince of douchebags?! Don't get cocky just because you became popular by beating up some rich kids in their stupid game."

Alucard: "Well you just used my popularity for your profit, so where is my share?"

Theo: "I am holding a feast for you, got your favourite crab and both the buffs on the menu. How's that?"

Alucard: "Gratitude is nice and all, but I was talking about the money."

Theo: "You greedy runt. Don't forget I got you the sword which carried you through the whole festival, so call it even."

Alucard: "Tch, okay."

Theo: "Good. Come by for the dinner tonight."

Alucard: "Sure."
_________________________

Shopping district, Near Theo's Shop
11:00 pm

Alucard: "Thanks for the food, it was delicious. I would have loved to stay longer, but I must take my leave."

Reyna (Theo's wife): "Wow.. so formal.. Theo learn from him!"

Theo: "Get out you little bastard."

Reyna: "Theo!"

After a wholesome dinner, Alucard departs from the shop. Walking through the bustling street, he sees lines of people filing into theaters, casinos, and high-class bars. Even this late, every corner of the street was already bright, colorful, and crowded.

Alucard: 'The shopping district huh. It sure lives up to its name... wait, is that?'

Suddenly in the vibrant surrounding, he spots a familiar blonde haired girl. A noble lady belonging to the Wertz family and commander's younger sister. Alucard had known her since she was young. Reading her like a book as she walked across in a suspicious demeanor, he knew that this stubborn girl was definitely hiding something. And following her was the only way to figure out what.