SIXTEEN.

❆❆❆

Episode Four - Part Four

Chapter Thirty-One  -
"Doesn't matter, not anymore, they're gone now."

❆❆❆

❆❆❆

THOMAS HAD STATED HE wanted to go to May's after seeing Arthur and Ada. Angelica saw no harm in visiting the beautiful woman and agreed. They pull into May's drive way, knowing the risk they were taking. Yet when the look upon the large mansion Angelica lets out a breath.

"Fuck." Thomas states. He breathes out a cloud of smoke and Angelica lets herself laugh slightly and Angelica nods agreeing.

The house was incredibly large, with windows decorating the mile long front, the middle section was higher than it's two sides, almost raising up like a castle. The law in front must have been miles in square feet and the grass was neatly cut and a vibrant green.

The house looked worth at least twenty five million pounds worth, and Angelica can't help but wonder if May inherited it all from her husband, or if she was used to money before hand. The way she stood and acted said she was used to money, the way she thought said no.

They pull up and a maid is already waiting for them, she gestured for them to follow her, which they do. They follow her down several long echoing corridors, which Angelica looks around in wonder in.

The ceilings were high and had intricate details of cut stone and marble on them, designs which seemed like enchantments painted all the walls. The rooms were large and quiet, almost as if they had been untouched, yet there was no dust.

The group pass through a large ballroom, Thomas letting out another swear once more at the pure lavishness of it all. The ball room had white and golden walls, which stopped a metre above the floor, where glazed and glossy wood took over and lead into the glossy wooden floor.

The gold was outlining the white walls, the small lines of it making the ballroom seem as if it was the sun itself, even with the rain outside racing against the window, the light still bounced off of the walls with beautiful reflections.

The chandelier which floated above them, was full of flame shaped lightbulbs which were strategically placed over the curves metal sticks, and the entire thing was covered in a shining crystal.

Finally the maid moved toward a large wooden double dark oak door, which she knocked on politely. There is a meek reply from the other end of the door and the maid grips the golden plated door handle and opens the door with a low headed nod to Thomas and Angelica.

"Miss Angelica O'Brien and Mr Thomas Shelby, madam." The maid says.

She lets them pass and Angelica's eyes find May's as the woman stands up from next to the fire and goes to the alcohol table next to her where three crystal glasses stood ready. Angelica didn't know if May knew the would come, but she had prepared for it never the less.