FOUR.

❆❆❆

Episode Two - II

Chapter Four - "Yes well, it would if men had the sense to understand it."

❆❆❆

❆❆❆

ANGELICA'S ROOM HAD been quiet for over ten minutes now, the wind blew against her chest as she sat against the rickety wooden windowsill, a sharp drag came from her lips as she breathed in the dark fumes of the cigarette.

Breathing out a puff Angelica's eyes watched as the smoke slowly rose in the outside air, mixing with the dirty air of Small Heath as it slowly floated up and out of sight of Angelica's eyes, a small relaxed smile sat on her face.

Grace sat behind her, watching the woman with care as she tried to process Angelica's move of telling Thomas and her reasoning behind pulling such a sudden and shocking move and how it would help them.

"You told him." Grace says finally, it was the third time she had repeated this statement.

A small smile rises on Angelica's face as Grace repeated her previous statement for a fourth time, her friend finding her confusion endearing. Angelica nods, she takes a long drag of her cigarette as she stares out onto Small Heath.

It was extremely late now, early hours of the morning meaning the sun was barely any time away from creeping up on Angelica's face which sat in the perfect place for the first few shards of daylight.

Small Heath was quiet, but not silent, there was the occasional drunk shout, scuffle, bottle braking and dog barking. It was calming, the routine feel of the noise as everyone else slept, it meant Angelica could watch the town of Small Heath.

The rickety roofs with loose and missing tiles, the broken window panes which clattered against the light blow of wind which placed ghostly kisses against Angelica's neck. The dirt roads swirled with dust as it danced across the streets, taking advantage of the lack of usual feet.

"Yes." Angelica nods.

"Why?" Grace can't help but ask.

"If he thinks I trust him, he'll trust me." Angelica says, her voice calculating her next move. "He said such little things, but he said them." Angelica continues.

The woman pauses a flash of icy blue crossing her mind, when they were alone in the silent pub, the icy blue she was used to had momentarily melted, letting her see the pain underneath before they froze back over.

"His eyes, his damn eyes Grace." Angelica sighs softly as she takes another drag of her cigarette, puffing the smoke from her thin lips with a huff.

"Are you still doing this for Campbell?" Grace asks, her eyes tried to shadow the calculated look Angelica adopted in her own when they were younger, but it wasn't the same. Grace watches as Angelica tenses her jaw slightly as she takes another drag of her cigarette.