Overworked (=Dreamswap=)

Start from the beginning

    A calming yet eerie voice came from behind him, staring him out of his thoughts and confusion. "Ah, you're awake." He turned around frantically. He growled and tried to summon his sword to point at the all to familiar face, but nothing happened. "I wouldn't try that if I were you. You're still pretty exhausted." He only frowned harder in response, knowing what he meant. He wouldn't be able to use magic for a while. "What are you doing here, Blue?" Blue smiled as he set one of the two plates he was holding down on the side table closest to Dream, sitting on the half of the couch the other wasn't using. "Only giving you a nicer place to rest on my couch for the night, and making you breakfast. You're welcome." Dream's sockets twitched as he stared at him in disbelief. "You kidnapped me?!" "It's not kidnapping if you didn't struggle. Think of it as a friendly gesture from me, your friend. You should eat too; it'll help replenish your magic faster, and don't think I didn't hear your stomach grumbling from a mile away."

"Yeah, like heck I'm eating your drugged or even poisonous food."

"Can you not be so difficult? I'm trying to help you."

"And what reason do have to help me? What's your motive?"

"Isn't helping people a redeeming quality? You should approve of this kindness I'm giving to you."

"Kindness that I don't want! You aren't exactly trustworthy!"

"Just be a gentleman and eat the food your host provided to you."

"..."

Dream sighed in defeat, reluctantly taking a small bite out of the crêpe Blue had prepared. The chocolate and chopped bananas inside tasted like heaven. Dream pretended to hate it as he continued eating, but Blue's sharp orbits didn't miss the other's star-shaped ones whenever he took a bite. "Why are you being so nice to me?" He asked. "I don't see why not." "Why don't you? I think I've made pretty clear that I dislike you." "Yes, you have, but you never gave a hint as to why. Hatred has no meaning if there's no real motive behind it." Dream opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. He accused Blue of drug trafficking and he's almost certain he has killed people for money, but he couldn't prove any of that. There was no real evidence behind any of those accusations, other than he was very creepy. He always had the look of a smug murderer in his sockets, and he never bothered to think otherwise.

He hated that Blue was always right, in a sense. "I..." Blue smirked, knowing he won. "Exactly. You hate me simply because you want to hate me." Dream scoffed and mumbled a "whatever" under his breath as he ate the last of the well-made crêpe. "You're a good cook..." he said, looking at him through the cornered of his sockets. He could see Blue stiffen in response for about half a second before shrugging and responding with "Thanks. I enjoy cooking, so I'd hope people like it, hah..." The calm music playing from the TV filled the uncomfortable silence. Dream wanted to say something, but for the first time, he didn't know what. He could always read everyone around him like a book. He always knew what they were thinking, their motives, and what makes them tick. Blue though, wasn't that easy to understand. He has always been a mystery to everyone around him who paid attention. No one knew the ins and outs of how he worked, thought, or responded. You never knew what was coming next. Even though Blue had been 'letting himself in' to Dream's abode for...quite a few years now that he thought about it, he still felt like he was a stranger. There have been people like this to some extent that Dream had met. It usually meant that they didn't really trust the people around them to really know them. He didn't want to let people in to his soul. He didn't want to care about those around him. Almost as if they'll all just suddenly turn on him.

    He decided to just let the silence be for a while.

    He didn't know how long he was passed out for, but he was still pretty tired. Blue's house had an odd calming atmosphere to it. The smell of coffee and breakfast and the calming music. You could see a starry sky outside the windows. It was also nicely lit, with the light above him being covered in a lavender stained glass, affecting the light that poured from it into the room. Blue looked over to him and as if he read his mind, took the plate from his grasp and said "You're probably still tired. You only slept for a few hours. Go to bed." Dream tried to protest, saying that he should really go back to work and that a few hours was long enough, but it was to no avail, as Blue pushed back down onto the pillow beneath him and pulled the blanket up to his chest. "Just sleep, Dream. I'll take care of the rest." Blue smiled and patted his forehead. His attempts to comfort him were to no avail, so he resorted to taking out a cloth and pouring something on it before holding it up to Dream's face. He fell asleep with no more issue.

...

    Dream groaned lightly as he felt himself stir. He remembered what transpired just before, and shot up, looking for the off-putting skeleton, only to find that he was in his room again, in his own bed. He looked down and put a hand on his forehead. Was it just some crazy dream?

    He noticed he was in his pyjamas. I must've gone to bed. But when??? He shook it off, and went over to his closet, picking out his usual attire. He adjusted himself in the mirror and left, heading for his office. He felt very refreshed. Perhaps he should sleep more often. He opened the door, bracing himself to be met with the horrifying sight of the large amounts of unfilled paper scattered messily across his desk, only to find it was in fact in neat piles. He went over to them, checking over each pile. All of them were filled out and signed. He stared in disbelief. He doesn't remember finishing it, even if that whole ordeal with Blue was just a nightmare.

    He then noticed a note on his desk. He picked it up. It read:

-Heya, Dreamy. You were very tired yesterday, so I, as your good friend, took the liberty of finishing your paperwork for you and organizing it by what it concerned. It's all stacked in alphabetical order, A's on top, because I know just how much you like things being organized to an unnecessary point. You're welcome. There was nothing special in the remaining piles you didn't get to. Most of it was basically 9000 different ways to format all of the agreements and terms of the construction going on. I can see why you passed out, it's so boring and time-consuming! I don't see why you enjoy this, but I informed all of the people giving you this stuff to just summarize it and not give you a billion different ways to say one thing before they give it to you so you won't have this much crap to do in the future. I also told them that you were really sick today, and to not believe you if you say that you aren't, so you're not getting any paperwork today or for the following week. Enjoy your day off. Go do something with this never-ending life of yours that isn't actively making yourself miserable.

-Your best friend,
Blue.

    So it wasn't a fever dream. It really happened. But Blue finished everything for him??? Why??? He remembered what Blue would respond with. "I don't see why not." He tried to fight the smile and small yellow blush creeping up to his face from the thought of someone doing such a kind gesture for him. No one's done something of such a grand scale for him in a long time. He sighed as his gaze found it's way to the window outside. He hasn't visited Ani's old garden in a while, but now he has the time.

    He tugged at the deep red gem embedded in a sun-shaped outline that he always wore around his neck, teleporting outside.