The Place I Belong (Sakamoto Tatsuma)

Start from the beginning

Sakamoto was usually either happy or stupid, but never serious. Gintoki glanced at the calendar and sighed, he already knew what was up. "Sakamoto-san, you're acting weird." Shinpachi comments when Sakamoto sighed.

"Gintoki, I saw her here." Sakamoto says, their eyes widened. Sakamoto never got Gintoki's name right. "Her?...Who's her?" Shinpachi asked looking back and forth between the two men.

"Tatsuma, she's dead. How can that be?" Gintoki leaned back, throwing his arms on the back of the couch with a sigh. "No, we never found her body. We assumed she was dead. But what if she is alive out there, Gintoki?" Sakamoto leaned forward with a desperate look.

"Tatsuma, we all couldn't accept what happened. But that's the truth, it's been years. If you ever did see her, it must be her spirit, giving you a little visit. Ah, but tell her spirit not to visit me, alright?" Gintoki uninterestedly says

"Gintoki, I'm serious. It was (Y/N)! I know her smell and her voice. It's the same as it was before. I feel it. She's alive." Sakamoto slammed his palms unto the coffee table and sighed. "If she is out there. I can't afford to lose her again. So, will you take on this job request?"

".....Fine." Gintoki says, Sakamoto's instincts was not something one should underestimate, it was always on point. "So, who exactly are we looking for, Sakamoto-san?" Shinpachi asked as Kagura leaned in too when Sakamoto pulled out a picture. "(Y/N)." He says as the two kids studied the picture.

"We assumed she was dead years ago, we even made a grave for her. Say, Tatsuma, isn't it such a coincidence that you saw her on the very same day as her death anniversary?" Gintoki comments with half lidded eyes, he wasn't taking Sakamoto's words seriously.

"Gintoki, I know her when I see her. Trust me, she's alive."

It had been days, since they've been searching for her. Sakamoto made the whole Kaientai stay and wait for him as well. Gintoki was getting annoyed and spoke about how useless it all was. But he soon ate his words when Shinpachi and Kagura stumbled upon a familiar face.

Sakamoto nervously stood in front of the Yorozuya doors, his hands was shaking, his heart was beating fast. He felt sick. What if it wasn't her? What if she didn't remember him? What if it all was a hallucination he saw and Gintoki just faked it to get money?

But when he heard that angelic laughter he dearly missed, he threw the door open as fast as lightning and ran inside the place. His nervousness disappeared as the longing to see her replaced it.

Sitting on the couch with a bright smile on her lovely lips, there she was. (Y/N) smiling and laughing so happily. At the sight of his beloved alive and well- Sakamoto fell to his knees in shock

She was alive. She was right there, in front of him. Now staring at him with her beautiful (E/C) orbs. Sakamoto felt the tears well up in his eyes, his heart swelling with happiness as he hung his head low.

"Tatsuma?...Hey, why are you crying?"

She touched his shoulder, it really was her. He wasn't dreaming, after all these years. All the pain, all those longing. She was finally here again. She gently placed her arm on his shoulder and rubbed circles on his back. He was crying like a newborn baby.

Gintoki, Shinpachi and Kagura watched with sincere smiles etched on their faces. "I-I...missed you.." Sakamoto managed to say in between his sobs and (Y/N) nodded.

"Yes, yes. I know. I'm sorry it took me so long, Tatsuma." Her voice was calm, gentle and full of kindness, just like how it was before. "Nothing...has changed." She hugged him close, letting him soak her clothes with his tears.

"Don't leave me again, please?.." Tatsuma grabbed her clothes tightly, as he hugged her. She felt warm. She was real. She was right there with him.

"Yes, I won't go anywhere. The place I belong, is in your arms, Tatsuma."

-------------------------
AUTHOR'S NOTES:
Damn. This was bad. Sorry, but I do love Tatsuma tho! ♥️ Hope you like this kikaizoku Author-san did her besr but it's not enough 😭 Also, it's Sorachi's birthday today! God bless him for giving us Gintama ♥️♥️♥️

Requests still open. ♥️