Chapter 39

Whoever's read this far in the book, thanks so much for the support!!

Kai's POV

I don't know why, but Noah didn't talk to me when we woke up. I didn't do anything or say anything unless he's upset from last night when I said I loved him more.
I tried getting him to talk, but he wouldn't. I tried getting Jenna to talk to him, but he still wouldn't even write in his notebook.
He didn't really look upset, he just seemed upset. I hugged him, but he didn't hug me back and at some point, he pushed me away. That hurt..
So I went to school today without Noah. He didn't want to come, even if I begged him, but I knew he needed some distance.
"Where's Noah?" Jacob asked me. "I thought you guys found him."
"We did. He's at home." He raises his eyebrows.
"Is he really at home or are you just saying that?"
"Yes, he's really at home."
"Why?"
"I don't know. He hasn't been talking to me."
"Why not?"
"I think he's mad at me.."
"Well.. What'd you do?"
"I don't even know."
"You must've done something."
"Yeah, yeah, but I didn't."
"Stuff just happens sometimes." He went to lunch and I went to the tree me and Noah usually sit at.
From that point on, time seemed to fly pretty quickly. They say time flies when you're having fun, but this wasn't really fun.
It was pretty boring. We watched boring movies in History and Science, we had a Math test, and we did terrible crossword puzzles in ELA.
I thought it'd be better in PE since we actually play stuff, but the principal gave a stupid ass lecture, so there goes my day.
I think it would've at least been interesting if she didn't sound like a robot, but I can't really do anything about it.
After school, I wasn't sure about going home. From what I've seen, I don't think Noah really wants to see me right now..
I went to Jacob's house and him and Kyle decided to tag along.
We drove home and went to my room, but they stayed in the car.
"Are you okay now?" I asked and set my hand on his cheek. He pushed my hand away.
"Hey, if you're gonna be mad at me, can you at least just tell me why??" He still didn't speak. I sat next to him.
"Please Noah." He said nothing, so I sighed.
"Okay then." I went back into my car.
"So what'd he say?" Kyle asked.
"Still nothing."
"I can get him to talk."
"How?"
I've interrogated a lot of people."
"I'm starting to run out of options, but sure." We all went to my room. Noah looked up at us, then back down. Jacob and I stood in the doorway.
"Okay pal," Kyle said and sat on the chair, staring at Noah.
"I have my ways of getting people to talk." After a couple seconds, he started squealing like a pig.
"Please, please, please, please, please!"
"Listen Kyle. I'm not trying to get him to hate me." He looks over and glares at me.
"So you're gonna question my tactics?"
"If you're gonna call them tactics, then yes."
"You're missing out on my skills," he mumbles.
"Yeah, okay." They left a little while later to do their homework.
"Please Noah. Please talk to me." After a couple seconds of him not saying anything, I sighed.
I walked over to him and picked him up. He kept pushing and trying to get away, but I held him tightly and carried him downstairs to my car. I put him in and we stared at each other.
"Baby, please talk." He looked away. I plugged my headphones into my phone and listened to music, then started driving.
I drove to a motel. That's a place I seem to take Noah a lot. I got a room and had to carry him in there.
"Please just talk to me Noah. At least say hi." He looked away.
I moved towards him on the bed and hugged him, but he didn't try pushing away this time. Instead, he started crying silently.
"What's wrong?" I whispered and held him closer. He covered his face and started crying harder, but I still couldn't hear it.
"Don't cry.. Just tell me what's wrong.. Please.." He didn't shake or nod his head, he didn't even look at me.
This made me realize that he really doesn't want to be with me right now, so I took him home.
I sat on the bed on the opposite side of him. He was still crying. I bit my lip and tried to look away, but I couldn't.
I feel so guilty. I can't really do anything to help him. If I even try to, he's just going to push me away.
A little while later, I asked if he wanted food. He didn't respond, so I made a plate for him, but he didn't eat, so I put it in the fridge.
Until it started to get late, I listened to music on my headphones. At around 9, Noah crawled towards the pillow and slept. I laid down.
"Goodnight.." I mumbled, but I know he wouldn't respond.
When I woke up, Noah wasn't in here. He was in the bathroom for a little while.
When I finished getting ready for school, I asked him if he wanted to come, but he didn't say anything. I'm.. Starting to think he.. Wants to.. Break up..

Noah's POV

I feel like a huge jerk. I haven't talked to Kai for almost a month.
It's because the people in my head.. They keep threatening me and saying that they'll kill him if I say anything to him, but I can't take it anymore.
Starting on the third day I stopped talking, he started crying himself to sleep. He wakes up crying too and it's all my fault. I can't stand this.
I know he's still asleep. I flipped over and looked at him. He looked so sad. I moved towards him and wrapped my arms around him. I knew he was awake when he wrapped his arms around me.
We stayed there for a few minutes until I let go.
"I'm so sorry Kai," I whispered and began crying. I couldn't look at him. I felt horrible enough, but to see him cry and know that it's my fault..
"Baby, why'd you do that?" He asked.
"The people in my head, they won't leave me alone.. They said they were going to kill you.."
"They're not real. It's okay."
"I'm really sorry.. Please don't be mad.."
"I'm not mad.." He pulled me closer to him and kissed me.
"Please don't ever do that again.. I was so scared.. I thought you wanted to break up.."
"Why would anyone break up with you? You're perfect." He shakes his head.
"No, I'm not." I smiled, but then started crying again.
"I'm so sorry!"
"It's okay. Wipe your eyes and stop crying." We both wiped our faces.
"Noah, tell me if someone's threatening to kill me please."
"Okay.. I'm really sorry though.."
"It's okay," he says and kisses my cheek.
"I'm sorry.."
"I love you."
"I love you too.." I mumbled.
"Are you going to come to school today?"
"I don't know.. But if this ever happens again, please don't tell Kyle to interrogate me."
"I didn't tell him to. He just offered and I was out of options, so I said yes." I started to laugh a bit.
"Let me see your wrists.."
"Okay." I pulled my sleeves up. The scars were pretty healed. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't cut. More importantly, I made a promise to Kai that I wouldn't. He smiled at me.
"Thank you Noah." He said and held my hand.
"Sorry.."
"If you say sorry one last time.."
"What?"
"You only need to apologize once."
"Oh. Sorry." He groans and cups his hands over his face.
"What's wrong?"
"You keep saying sorry."
"Oh, sorry." He stared at me, then got up.
"Okay, I'm gonna get ready for school. You wanna come?"
"Uh.. I guess.." We got ready and went to school. It was pretty boring.
When we came home, Jacob and Kyle came, Kai decided it'd be perfect to watch a scary movie.
We had popcorn, chips, soda, usual movie night stuff. We ended up watching three scary movies.
I could barely watch them, so I sat in Kai's lap and I was protected from the haunted dolls and ghost thingies that might break through the windows.
Kyle nearly scared me to death. I'm not completely sure what happened, but his little sister left a baby doll in his backpack, so he took it out and hid it.
I noticed it and freaked out. I almost had a heart attack.
Kai almost killed Kyle. He nearly strangled him to death.
"Stop!!" Kyle screamed in a high pitched voice as he was being choked by Kai, who was over him with his hands around his neck.
"Please!! I'm sorry!" Kai let go and Kyle took deep breaths.
Kai came back to me and sat me in his lap again, hugging my tighter. I couldn't see him, but something gave me the feeling that Kai was glaring at Kyle.
The movies were finally over now. Those were the scariest movies I've ever seen.
Kai almost killed Kyle again. I sat in the corner of the living room, still paranoid.
Nobody did anything with the doll, and it was facing me. I stared at the doll and didn't lose focus. I barely even blinked.
"Noah, are you okay?" I looked up at Kai. I shook my head, then nodded it.
"You sure?" He looked over to where I was looking, then threw a pillow at the toy, making it fall onto the floor.
"It was just a movie." I shrugged my shoulders and stood up to hug him. A little after we finished the movies, Kyle and Jacob left.
Well, Kai smacked Kyle in the head a bunch of times before they left. Me and Kai went to bed.
"Night," Kai said.
"Goodnight." I stayed up until it was about 2. I was terrified.
"Hey," I heard Kai whisper.
"Huh?"
"Go to sleep."
"I can't.."
"Why not?"
"..I'm scared.."
"Relax Baby. It was just a movie," he says and pulls me closer to him, then wraps his arms around me. I eventually fell asleep after that.