Chapter 17

Noah's POV

I got out the car after about five minutes. Kai's not in the living room, so he must be in the bathroom or our room. As I begin to walk up the stairs, Kai's Dad calls after me.
I walk into the kitchen where he is. He looks upset and sad. Worried.
I pull out the notebook from my backpack, scribbling What happened?
He looks away for a second, then at me.
"Kai's dog just died. We've been trying to calm him down but.." My heart began pacing. Oh no! She's been his dog for like 11 years!
How? He sighs.
"I don't really know. She's not really old and she wasn't sick. Sometimes, things just die."
I walk upstairs. I quietly open the door. Kai's crying under his blanket.
"Are you okay?" I ask, closing the door back.
He mumbles something, then cries harder. I lift the blanket up, crawling and sitting next to him.
"You can talk to me," I whisper, caressing his face. I can just barely see with the little light poking through the big blanket.
He wipes his face. He bites his lip to try not to cry harder, but he breaks out into tears. I hug him.
"You're right.." He mumbles. "I am a baby. I cry so much."
"You're my baby," I say, copying his line which puts a small smile on his face.
"And besides, we all need to cry sometimes. Just let it all out."
He puts his head on my shoulder and wraps his arms around me.
"I love you," he mumbles.
"I love you too."
My shoulder is soaked from his tears, but I don't care. I love him.
He lifts the blanket from over us and hugs me.
"I love you so much," he says and kisses me. We pull away and I smile and hug him, never wanting to let go.
"Thank you Baby," he mumbles, giving me another kiss.
I guess we have a habit of sitting and hugging for hours because that's exactly what we did again.
He wasn't crying anymore, but when I looked into his eyes, I could tell he still wanted to.
I was laying on top of him. We were both only wearing boxers and there was a blanket on top of us. We weren't sleeping. He sits up, forcing me to sit up too. He gasps, then groans.
"Noah, y-your knee!" When I realize my knee was on his.. Guy thing.. I quickly got up.
"Sorry," I say, trying to hold back my laugh.
"It's not funny," he mumbles. I smile at him.
"It's hilarious," I say, laughing. He holds my hand.
We stand up to get our clothes on.
"I love you," he says from inside the closet to get a pair of clothes.
I was only wearing my pants when he came in and wrapped his arms around my waist. Not in a pervert way, but in a loving way. Something about it just made me feel really calm. Really happy.
Looking down at me, he smiled, rubbing my back with one hand.
"I love you," he says.
"I love you too," I say. "But I need to finish changing."
"I love you more though," he says, kissing my neck.
He allows me to put my shirt and hoodie on before he puts his arms around my waist again.
He kisses my head and we walk downstairs. Only the kitchen light was on.
We sat on the couch and hugged each other.
I felt a little wet drop fall on my head, then a few more. He's still crying.
I look up at him, frowning.
"It'll be okay Kai," I whisper. He shakes his head.
"I know what it's like to lose someone.." I say. And I do, it's true. I have a biological older brother. Not Terri, he's my half brother.
His name is Mason. He's protected me from my parents and fed me until my 10th birthday. The day David murdered him.
He was the only person I loved, but that isn't the reason I was mute. I just don't want to get off topic.
Kai raises an eyebrow after wiping his face. I look away, then look back.
I explained what happened.
He hugs me.
"I'm sorry.. I'm acting like such a baby when you've got bigger problems than me.." He mumbles. I shake my head.
"I cry all the time," I whisper.
He smiles slightly, then rubs my side.
I lean towards him, putting my head on his chest and listening to his heart beat.
It's calming. I also like how his breathing is slow.
I felt someone looking at me. I look up and meet Kai's gaze. He has beautiful eyes.
"Lost in thought?" I smile and put my head back on his chest, spacing out again.
He's so.. Sexy.. Okay, that was weird.. But.. Every time I hear his voice.. It makes me blush.. Every time I see his smile makes my heart melt. There are no words to describe how he makes me feel.
I want to marry him. I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
And who knows? Maybe I will.
"Noah," Kai says and I look up.
"Hm?" He smiles.
"Did you hear anything I said?" He chucked. I frown and shake my head.
"It's okay. It didn't matter." He kisses my cheek, making me smile.
We went back upstairs about an hour later because it was getting late.
Kai was already changed and in bed, waiting for me. I was almost done. I just have my shirt on.
After taking it off, I crawled in bed on top of Kai.
"Goodnight Baby," he whispers.
"Night."