Chapter 13

Noah's POV

I woke up in Kai's lap, leaning on his chest.
"Good morning," he says, rubbing my back.
"Morning," I mumble. He picks me up like a baby and carries me. I'm still only in boxers.
"Let me go, I'm not a baby."
"You're my baby," he flirts.
"Shut up," I mumble. "I need to put my clothes on."
"Fine," he says, putting me down. He crosses his arms and taps his foot impatiently as I look for clothes.
"Hurry," he says.
I roll my eyes, continuing to look.
After finding a somewhat decent pair of clothes, he picks me up and carries me like a baby again.
He carries me downstairs, humming something.
He puts me down on a kitchen seat and begins cooking.
He walks back toward me and hands me a plate of food, kissing my forehead.
After we ate, he carried me upstairs.
"Why do you keep carrying me?"
"Because I can," he says with a smirk.
He carries me back to our room and kisses me all over my face.
"Stop," I manage to say while laughing.
"What?" He chuckles. He puts his hands on my cheeks and kisses me.
"I love you," he says. I smile and set my head on his chest.
"I love you too," I mumble.
He brushes his fingers through my hair.
"Let me see your back," he says, so I turn around and lift my shirt up.
He rubs my back.
"It's gonna get better soon," he says, pulling my shirt down.
He kisses me again.
"Some of my friends are gonna come over later, okay?" I shrug my shoulders.
"What?"
"Nothing," I mumble.
"Fine. I'll call them and tell then to come later. I want to take you somewhere." I smile.
"Come on," he says, grabbing his phone and wallet.
After about an hour of driving, I immediately realized where we were.
"Why are we in San Francisco?'
"Well, there's a really nice place I want to take you," he says.
After thirty more minutes, we arrived at a huge building. It was so cool.
"My parents took me here when I was little. The California Museum of Science," he says.
"Wow."
"Wait until we get inside. It's great."
And he wasn't lying. It was amazing. He took me to a giant sphere thing with stairs.
"This is the little version of the rainforest," he says as we walk inside the humid place.
It's so pretty! There were fish and butterflies and I even saw a few birds.
The worst part was when we had to walk up. I'm terrified of heights.
"What's wrong?"
"It's so high up.." He smiles at me, then covers my eyes and we walk up.
He moves his hands and we're at the top.
He walks me to the elevator. I close my eyes, breathing heavily.
He rubs my face.
"It's okay." This is probably stupid, but I'm crazy scared of elevators.
I was so glad once we got off the elevator.
He holds my hand and we walk to another place.
"This is the swamp area. They have an albino alligator."
It was pretty cool. There were snakes and turtles. The turtles were so cute! There was one part and it was like a walkway under glass. That's probably my favorite part. We could see animals swimming above us and it was beautiful.
"Let's go in there," he says, pointing to an even bigger sphere.
"What's that?"
"Well, it's like a movie theater. Kind of. When you go in, there's projectors and they go to the ceiling and it's cool. It's just kinda hard to explain."
And he was right. The ceiling was orange and you couldn't tell where the top was.
After that, we walked up hard concrete stairs.
I couldn't see what happened next because he covered my face.
"What is it?"
"Nothing," he mumbles.
I move his hand out the way and we're really high up. We're walking on something clear, I think glass, and it's really scary.
He covers my face quickly and we finish walking.
We walked down the stairs and into a cafe.
"What do you want?" He asks. I do want something, but everything's so expensive! The fries are $5 and it's an extra dollar to add garlic. The sushi ranges through $14 and $19. I'd be hungry if I didn't get anything, but I'd feel tremendously guilty if I did.
"I'm not hungry," I mumble.
"Are you sure?" He asks and I nod my head.
He gets himself a plate of regular fries and eats a little bit of them.
I stare off into space until he taps my shoulder.
"Eat them. I know you're hungry," he says, pushing the plate to me.
"No, I'm not hungry," I say, but my stomach growls.
"Perfect timing," I mumble sarcastically.
"Why don't you want to eat?"
"It's too expensive," I say.
"Noah, it's fine." He says and shoves a fry in my mouth, making me laugh a bit, but I try to keep a straight face.
"I'm full now, so these fries would go to waste."
"Fine," I mutter.
After I finished eating, we went and looked at more stuff before leaving.
I fell asleep on the ride back. It was 6 when we got back, so we ate food.
"I'll do the dishes," I say.
"Okay. Want me to help you?"
"No, it's fine."
I was almost done with the dishes.
I only had a couple bowls and knives to wash. Knives.. It wouldn't hurt to just...